Can you still buy pseudophedrine (Sudafed) normally in stores near you?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: mi xiao
Originally posted by: Vic
IMO, the primary purposes of the War on Drugs is to (1) make the sadistic busybodies feel good about their anti-social ways, (2) create a criminal class where one would not have existed before, and (3) encourage the general populace to unnecessarily give up individual liberties based on the false premise of helping this artificially created criminal class.

do you remember when pot was bad?

FYI: pot is being cut with meth now (they discovered this at a local high school).
....making the pot "addictive."
Heh... I wouldn't exactly say it's a widespread thing, though.. I've certainly never heard of that around here.

And if I smoked some laced sh!t, I'd be like... "WTF?".... So the only way it would work is with new smokers I guess.

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Vic
Word is that the meth chemists have already switched to new and nastier chemicals (including uric acid), making the drug that much more dangerous to its users. So instead of working towards fixing the problem, limiting access to pseudophedrine has only made it worse. This is the only result that will occur from such tactics in the War on Drugs. A society cannot control a substance once they have made it illegal. IMO, the primary purposes of the War on Drugs is to (1) make the sadistic busybodies feel good about their anti-social ways, (2) create a criminal class where one would not have existed before, and (3) encourage the general populace to unnecessarily give up individual liberties based on the false premise of helping this artificially created criminal class.

Well said.

:thumbsup: