• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Can you shop with online with your paypal balance?

MuffD

Diamond Member
May 31, 2000
I remember someone talking about using a virtual mastercard with their paypal balance. I could not find it on their site and was wondering if someone here ever did and could tell me how to do it.

Thanks

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
You can get their Mastercard Debit card that takes the funds out of your account... Or you can just shop at places that accept Paypal.

Damon

Jul 21, 2000
Hi muffd,

How do I get the PayPal Debit Bar?

If you meet the eligibility requirements, click on the Shop Anywhere link on the Shops page to get your PayPal Debit Bar. To get to the Shops page, just click the Shops link in the footer of any PayPal page.

How does the PayPal Debit Bar work?

When you want to make a purchase from an online merchant who accepts MasterCard, the PayPal Debit Bar gives you a "virtual" MasterCard number which you then use to make your purchase; instead of getting your account number from a physical card, you get it from the PayPal Debit Bar. Just like the PayPal ATM/Debit Card, the funds are withdrawn directly from your PayPal account.

Where can I use my PayPal Debit Bar?

You can use the PayPal Debit Bar at ANY online website that accepts MasterCard.

Regards,
Damon

ASK THE COMMUNITY