Can you say "NEPOTISM" ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Want to buy some tires... french tires.... hmmmm ... French Ice cream.. vs Neopolitan... Italian..

Hmmm... ok I'll think on this a bit more....
---------------------------------
Sorry HJ you just aren't watching the SciFi network I see and haven't seen the black guy strangling me. Captn said: "Oh God ! A cross between the Sta-Puff Marshmallow Man and the Clown from Spawn." That reminded me of what I look like
here.

Casper the friendly ghost in a space suit?:D Moon wear, I suppose.;)

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
It was the best I could do. I was a bit tired. :D Fools rush in where wise men fear to tread.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
It was the best I could do. I was a bit tired. Fools rush in where wise men fear to tread

Ne Pot is M... I can say that... ...

Fools tread, where men wise to fear rush in.

I see all the words at once then try to figure out the right order... sometimes I even get it right..:)

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
It's not what you know that counts, its who you know. This is an understood rule in the world and has been as long as I can remember.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Yes that's true. It's all about who you know. That's why I set out th know the big kahuna, myself.

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
Partial reason for a non-qualified, incomptent buffoon reaching the highest levels of incomptency.

Just never thought it would happen at the leadership of our nation.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
That's what I was thinking when corn made his comment. Only the fools need to "work" or those without the right birth. Smart guys don't.

I guess that all depends upon what your definition of "work" is......

I awake eager to perform my job duties and leave the office with a sense of accomplishment. I would never confuse my job with "fun", however that doesn't mean that I don't have fun at my job.

Your contention that smart guys don't need to work is a fallacy. Of course smart guys don't need to work. A smart guy could simply live off the land to survive.....however that does entail a certain amount of work. A smart guy might be able to eke out a meager existence working the welfare system.....oops, did I say "working"?

No Zebo, fact is that smart guys do "need" to work. Maybe not all smart guys work in the "corporate world", but they all do work in some way or another. A smart guy like me will retire from the corporate world sooner than most, but I do plan to still work even after I retire.

Tell him you're a farmer and raise among other veggies, corn?.

I certainly hope he only raises corn and does not harvest them??:(

I do enjoy a Lamb Duo, Loin Roulade with Tapenade and Braised Lamb Short Ribs with Smoked Bacon and Rosemary Crisp Potatp Gnocchi, Spring Vegetable Pearls and Natural Reduction 1997 Vinyare Reserve, Napa Valley followe bu Coacoa French Meringue & Stone Fruit Compote with some Zinskey Late Harvest.

Yum. I haven?t had lamb for over 2 years now. Unfortunately I?ve fallen victim to seeing the little critters playing at a farm in Sonoma (my employer had a conference there, why? I don?t ask those questions?.) and every time I pass those tasty looking chops at the meat counter, I get visions of little lambs running around on a grassy knoll?? I can?t bring myself to eating veal either. I guess I?m just a big ?ole softie in my old age?..

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I get visions of little lambs running around on a grassy knoll?? I can?t bring myself to eating veal either. I guess I?m just a big ?ole softie in my old age?..
-------------------------------------------
I knew there was a reason you love me.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
MB,
Ears are a Feringe thing... you might try popping the corn in a kettle... kettle corn is better.

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
Rathergood.com is a very bizarre website that won an internet award for originality and satire.
theres an absolutely horrible sendition of Simply Red's 'Holding Back the Years'.
It looks like Bush, but is UNLINKABLE from here. Own Risk ! Be Warned.

There is some funny stuff there though, some posted before.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
OMG you liberals are horrorable.

What part of your anatomy got tickled so by that ear, HJ, that you had to get out of your seat?

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
OMG you liberals are horrorable.

What part of your anatomy got tickled so by that ear, HJ, that you had to get out of your seat?

We're out of Toilet Paper soooooo..
;)

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Remember the time when Grandma got into the ones we were gonna make into pipes. We lit up and you said, man this is some good sh!t.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Remember the time when Grandma got into the ones we were gonna make into pipes. We lit up and you said, man this is some good sh!t.

:D

I was only seven and was trying to emulate you... just like the yellow snow you said was mother nature's snow cone... No wonder mom always said "Moonbeam... put him down right now... I mean it..... not on his head... moonbeam... go to your cage":)