Can you just become dyslexic?

v3rrv3

Golden Member
May 26, 2002
Is this something you can become or are you born with it or something? I work in retail and when I am handing back money and stuff lately I seem to be mixing up digits and crap all the time for some reason. Any ideas?

jeremy806

May 10, 2000
Intersting. I have noticed this about myself as well quite a bit lately.

Strange, when reading text I seem to see the wrong word sometimes. Hard to explain. I am 29 and this started happening about a year ago. It is minor but strange.

Jeremy

v3rrv3

Golden Member
May 26, 2002
Tired and stress possibly, I just finished up regular class and have finals coming up this week, YES!

- Kevin

Jun 6, 2004
Originally posted by: Anubis
are you over tired? stressed? Depressed?

those cause mental issues, that make you do odd things

how true...

i know a few people with dyslexia so i've seen first-hand what it's like to have it. I would suggest that you go and see your doctor because if it's not dyslexia then it may be something more serious to do with your eyesight.

Or it could just be stress :)

db

Lifer
Dec 6, 1999
Stop driving in reverse--it's getting you all turned around.

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
Originally posted by: jeremy806
Intersting. I have noticed this about myself as well quite a bit lately.

Strange, when reading text I seem to see the wrong word sometimes. Hard to explain. I am 29 and this started happening about a year ago. It is minor but strange.

Jeremy

This happens to me also. I don't know when it started happening but it still happens. I am certain though that it isn't a symptom of dyxlexia. I may be wrong, please correct me if I am so I can go get some help.

cucumber

Sep 12, 2000
As far as I know, dyslexia is something you're born with. It's most likely you're just either stressed, or are running on auto pilot lately from being overworked or just plain bored (or both...) Instead of paying close atention to what you're doing, your mind just drifts off and makes you do wierd things.