can you guys study when you're sick?

skim milk

Diamond Member
Apr 8, 2003
I'm feeling not so good... but i have an exam tomorrow that I need to study

I can move around, i just don't think my brain is functioning and able to memorize the material /

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
I don't let myself make excuses when deadlines loom. It would be easy to cave, but then I'd be paying the consequences for years.

Borracho

Banned
Mar 26, 2004
its not fun but I drink lots of tea and take some over the counter medicine depending on the situation and I can get by

PanzerIV

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2002
It depends on the severity of the condition. If I had a minor cold it would be more difficult to concentrate but I could study. If I had a stomach virus and was doubled over with pain I doubt I could memorize anything or even care to for that matter.

Darien

Platinum Member
Feb 27, 2002
not really. i try to do what i can when I'm sick. generally being sick is no excuse.

unless it becomes almost impossible to do something (eg: lots of pain you can't get over, lots of vomiting, etc)

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
I hardly ever studied when I wasn't sick.

I got sh|t done when the deadline came, no matter how hungover I was.

radioouman

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 2002
I study better when I'm sick.... when I'm totally awake and feel good, I get distracted.

lancestorm

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2003
Rough it out. If you keep saying you are sick, you are not going to feel good. Agree that you might not be feeling your best but "dammit, I'm going to get going and get through this". Then force yourself to study in a quiet place void of distractions, really forcing yourself to get into it. Give yourself breaks (set a goal and don't get a break until you meet that goal). Drink plenty of fluids. Kick some ass.