Can we talk about the glittery font attack played by the conservatives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathfrisbees

May 7, 2013
Hello! I was watching the t.v ages ago and saw this hilarious piece of work. I'm not pro-liberal or anything, but- I mean- it totally looks like Harper is hitting him with lame 'ooh let's make people not want to vote for Trudeau with fucking feminine font.'

I'm not of voting age but this makes me want to vote for him more than it did before. Harper you dork.

This is my first thread ever on this forum, so, just hello I guess? Tell me what you think if you're up to it, I have this project in Civics and any new perspectives would be wonderful ^u^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nb4k1QgV-E

deathfrisbees

May 7, 2013
One of the things I am looking for in a Prime Minister is sparkly font. And non-capitalism too but you know-

corwin

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2006
Typical political ad, par for the course really...font seems more "fairy tale-esque" than feminine to me, maybe implying Trudeau is living in a fantasy land? Not really getting the feminine vibes you speak of...

deathfrisbees

May 7, 2013
disagrees with you, but alright.

I totally get the fairy tale thing. That is a much better way of describing it actually- I find Justin Trudeau's ambition admirable. He is excited about Canada at least, and not frightened of taking a less popular sides of an argument. Experience aside.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
disagrees with you, but alright.

I totally get the fairy tale thing. That is a much better way of describing it actually- I find Justin Trudeau's ambition admirable. He is excited about Canada at least, and not frightened of taking a less popular sides of an argument. Experience aside.

I wouldn't worry too much about anyone's ads. There isn't a lot of evidence that they actually sway voters.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Why is so much money spent on them?

I should specify that I mean in national elections, as in those cases name recognition, etc aren't an issue. To be honest campaigns don't really know what works, they guess. Research (and recent elections) seem to show that ads have a limited impact.

Just from your own experience can you think of an ad that really changed your mind about a candidate you had already formed an opinion on?

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
I should specify that I mean in national elections, as in those cases name recognition, etc aren't an issue. To be honest campaigns don't really know what works, they guess. Research (and recent elections) seem to show that ads have a limited impact.

Just from your own experience can you think of an ad that really changed your mind about a candidate you had already formed an opinion on?
No, but I fancy myself as clever. Whether that's true or not, it wouldn't be consistent to think this and also admit that an ad had swayed me. Perhaps more to the point, I DVR everything and see very few ads anyway :)

Status
Not open for further replies.