Can UPS look up a package only by your address?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
anyone know? I don't have the tracking number and the company i ordered it from said they won't get it until tonight....

AdamSnow

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2002
They can... but they dont usually do it and probably wont... but if you complain enough they can...

I know this, because I worked at UPS for 2 years and did it many times...

Mayfriday0529

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2003
reference number, but you would need to know the reference number.

when we ship items it has a reference number and i can look the number up at UPS.com with some extra info like zip code and boom i got the tracking number.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: AdamSnow
They can... but they dont usually do it and probably wont... but if you complain enough they can...

I know this, because I worked at UPS for 2 years and did it many times...

Yep. Once I was able to convince them to look up the tracking but they normally will not.

Drakkon

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001
If you go down to the station and say you got an infotrac but forgot to bring it with you they will look it up by address...but id say dont be an impatient jerk and just let the company get it to you.

Jun 19, 2004
Go here and type in some combination of your name and the zip it's being delivered to.

Example:

ajones12345

jones12345

jonesa12345

etc....

You should be able to locate it that way.

Joe6669

Jul 27, 2015
[QUOTE=Jnetty99;1383
Yes I have the same reference numbers to what I'm having problems with is get the address when I call ups the don't want to give them to me anymore? How do you get them
??

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
aphex, you should know by now, UPS does NOT have tracking. They know when it gets picked up and when it gets delivered (sometimes). There is no tracking in between. They have ''tracking for the same reason MB manufacturers have customer service departments so, they can say they have it.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
If you go to the local depot that processes those packages (Purolator here) they will probably be able to. In fact sometimes based on tracking I know the package is in their warehouse but it has not been scanned as arrived yet so sometimes I'll go and they're usually nice enough to go check for me and grab it. Canada Post is hit or miss with that, the tracking will even say "arrived at post office" but their system does not say it's there yet since they did not sort the last shipment of packages, but sometimes I'll know what box it is and point it out and they'll give it to me but they wont go looking for it.

Then there's Fedex... ugh I hate dealing with those if you're not home when they try to deliver. They're open twice a day for 1 hour and you have to schedule the pickup ahead of time etc. Digikey sends by Fedex, as long as Fedex is good for businesses that will always have someone at the shipping and receiving dock for residential it's not as great unless it's a small box that fits in the mailbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.