Can Trump win re - election in 2020?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Will Trump win the presidential election in 2020?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
promises promises

You poor thing. Trump won't win many converts using little green men to "enforce federal law" wrt protesters. Quite the contrary, I figure. It's a political ploy, not an honest law enforcement effort. Shame on ya if you're buying into it.

Reactions: hal2kilo

jmagg

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2001
You poor thing. Trump won't win many converts using little green men to "enforce federal law" wrt protesters. Quite the contrary, I figure. It's a political ploy, not an honest law enforcement effort. Shame on ya if you're buying into it.
I opined on what I think it will take to put Biden on top. I dont buy into talking heads. I form my own opinions based on the info I gather from bothsides.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I opined on what I think it will take to put Biden on top. I dont buy into talking heads. I form my own opinions based on the info I gather from bothsides.

You bought into the notion that Trump's actions in Portland have a legitimate law enforcement purpose when they clearly do not. It's utterly wrong to assert federal control over Portland streets when the Governor & the Mayor oppose it. It usurps legitimate States Rights. Trump DGAF.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
You bought into the notion that Trump's actions in Portland have a legitimate law enforcement purpose when they clearly do not. It's utterly wrong to assert federal control over Portland streets when the Governor & the Mayor oppose it. It usurps legitimate States Rights. Trump DGAF.

And so far, He's getting away with everything he does. Wake me up when it's otherwise.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Reactions: cytg111

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Look at the transactions. That looks like structuring, which is generally used to disguise money laundering.

Even if it's not... turning campaign money into personal enrichment is still pretty scummy. Not that most of Trump's supporters care.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Yea thats the analysis i got from msnbc as well, he just dont care to hide it anymore, screw the optics, those who care were never gonna vote for him anyway.

ondma

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2018
Just having a little fun with the Trump supporters...lolol

IT is OK to vote for Trump!!
After all this is P&N!!
You can out yourself! We won`t hold it against you!
After all this poll is for purely scientific and satirical reasons!
For educational purposes only!!
Just to make it clear, thinking Trump will win does not necessarily mean one supports him.
I know the libs on this forum dislike me a lot, but I dont really care. Despite all the polls to the contrary, I still think he has a decent chance to win, because Biden is such a weak candidate with significant vulnerabilities.

Turnout is critical, and voter suppression is a very real danger. Even the latest poll that shows Biden with a 15% lead among registered voters shows a quite smaller lead with those who are expected to vote (10 or 11%).

ondma

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2018
Gish galloping, huh? Shifting the goalposts? Of course. You go on as if there's something Biden can do between now & his likely inauguration other than call for non-violence & honest reform.
Maybe he should actually *do* that then. And make a statement what he plans to do if elected to ameliorate the problems.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
At the end of the video (4.35) mark) it was said that many PA voters believe that they live among secret Trump voters. 57%- yes, 35%-no.

If true , this could swing the election in Trmp's favor. 2016 all over again.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Just to make it clear, thinking Trump will win does not necessarily mean one supports him.
I know the libs on this forum dislike me a lot, but I dont really care. Despite all the polls to the contrary, I still think he has a decent chance to win, because Biden is such a weak candidate with significant vulnerabilities.

Turnout is critical, and voter suppression is a very real danger. Even the latest poll that shows Biden with a 15% lead among registered voters shows a quite smaller lead with those who are expected to vote (10 or 11%).

Americans are lazy, and tbh many don't feel that their vote makes a difference anyway.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

You've concern trolled us every inch of the way & still are. Your "weak candidate" spiel flies in the face of observable reality. Your "significant vulnerabilities" reference is bullshit because you don't name them. Your understanding of the dynamic is faulty. This isn't a "Pick the one you like best" election at all. This is a referendum on Trump's obviously failed leadership. People don't need to be wild about Joe to see that Trump is criminally insane & has to go.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
At the end of the video (4.35) mark) it was said that many PA voters believe that they live among secret Trump voters. 57%- yes, 35%-no.

Yeah one thing we really don't know if it was a secret Trump vote or a secret I can't stand Hildabeast vote.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Cool conspiracy theory, Bro. Sekrit Trump voters! Cuz some people believe it!

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Cool conspiracy theory, Bro. Sekrit Trump voters! Cuz some people believe it!

Well maybe you can explain why Hildabeast was up by 4 in PA in the last few polls but lost by 0.5%.

Bottom line is when people feel snakebit.. they look everywhere to make sure they're not snakebit again although it might seem like paranoia on the outside.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Well maybe you can explain why Hildabeast was up by 4 in PA in the last few polls but lost by 0.5%.

Bottom line is when people feel snakebit.. they look everywhere to make sure they're not snakebit again although it might seem like paranoia on the outside.

So what? We're not in 2016 anymore, Toto. I'm pretty sure that a whole shitpile of Americans realize they made a terrible mistake when they voted for Trump the first time. They won't do it again. The whole thing about sekrit Trump voters is meaningless fear mongering. Democratic voters will not be deterred by divisiveness, apathy or complacency.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
So what? We're not in 2016 anymore, Toto. I'm pretty sure that a whole shitpile of Americans realize they made a terrible mistake when they voted for Trump the first time. They won't do it again. The whole thing about sekrit Trump voters is meaningless fear mongering. Democratic voters will not be deterred by divisiveness, apathy or complacency.

Good point. The other thing is Trump didn't have a political history in 2016. So, his opponents weren't able to bring up his political past. He was also able to make these grand statements like putting up a wall, bringing back factory jobs, etc.. People put faith into his message because he had no past. Now we know the truth.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004

Oh, I'm sure those people existed in 2016... but a lot has changed in four years.

Trump's main issue right now is precisely those people in the middle: the undecided, the easily swayed, the people who don't really talk about how they'll vote. In 2016 it made sense that there would be a chunk of people whose dislike of Clinton (or susceptibility to conmen) would lead them to vote Trump without broadcasting it in advance. But in 2020, that same group is not only considering a less contentious Democrat candidate, but can see that Trump is an abject failure.

I don't want to get cocky. But it's important to note that there are indicators for a Democrat win that weren't present in 2016, and that it really won't take much to swing things in Biden's favor.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Oh, I'm sure those people existed in 2016... but a lot has changed in four years.

Trump's main issue right now is precisely those people in the middle: the undecided, the easily swayed, the people who don't really talk about how they'll vote. In 2016 it made sense that there would be a chunk of people whose dislike of Clinton (or susceptibility to conmen) would lead them to vote Trump without broadcasting it in advance. But in 2020, that same group is not only considering a less contentious Democrat candidate, but can see that Trump is an abject failure.

I don't want to get cocky. But it's important to note that there are indicators for a Democrat win that weren't present in 2016, and that it really won't take much to swing things in Biden's favor.

If you look at the polls, the undecideds are a small % & there's no reason too think they'll break for Trump in a big way. The latest campaign maneuver of painting Joe as the destroyer of American values shows just how desperate they are. Even the most wishy washy voters know that's a lie.

ondma

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2018
You've concern trolled us every inch of the way & still are. Your "weak candidate" spiel flies in the face of observable reality. Your "significant vulnerabilities" reference is bullshit because you don't name them. Your understanding of the dynamic is faulty. This isn't a "Pick the one you like best" election at all. This is a referendum on Trump's obviously failed leadership. People don't need to be wild about Joe to see that Trump is criminally insane & has to go.
I have stated Biden's vulnerabilities many times, as have others. You just choose to ignore them in your blind hatred of Trump and refusal to see that anyone else can see it differently.
Just remember, the consensus in 2016 was that Trump didnt have a chance, and we all know how that turned out.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999

Even if Biden doesn’t get back many of the independents willing to give Trumpity Dumpity a try in 2016, the Dems that didn’t vote were back in 2018 and will make the difference in November. Also looks to be lack of a 3rd party (no not taking Kayne seriously), there just isn’t enough MAGA votes to get him re-elected.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Even if Biden doesn’t get back many of the independents willing to give Trumpity Dumpity a try in 2016, the Dems that didn’t vote were back in 2018 and will make the difference in November. Also looks to be lack of a 3rd party (no not taking Kayne seriously), there just isn’t enough MAGA votes to get him re-elected.

That's what I've been thinking. Even with a pandemic going on, there appear to be a lot of people determined to vote Trump out. And yeah... I haven't heard much of anything from even mildly viable third-party candidates this year. Hopefully it's because they realize that the only meaningful goal this election is to get Trump out, and that means voting Democrat.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I have stated Biden's vulnerabilities many times, as have others. You just choose to ignore them in your blind hatred of Trump and refusal to see that anyone else can see it differently.
Just remember, the consensus in 2016 was that Trump didnt have a chance, and we all know how that turned out.

Fappity-fap-fap-fap. I mean, whaddaya got? Crooked Joe in Ukraine with the Burisma? Senile Joe? Pussy grabber Joe? He'll let the Anteefas take over Joe?

Go ahead- lay it out.

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
That's what I've been thinking. Even with a pandemic going on, there appear to be a lot of people determined to vote Trump out. And yeah... I haven't heard much of anything from even mildly viable third-party candidates this year. Hopefully it's because they realize that the only meaningful goal this election is to get Trump out, and that means voting Democrat.

Some data coming in showing that there might be an advantage in-person for Republicans if the pandemic is raging by election day. They're screwing with the USPS for obvious reasons, and I think Donnie just might be banking on this strategy now.