Can Trump win re - election in 2020?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Will Trump win the presidential election in 2020?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ondma

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2018
Fappity-fap-fap-fap. I mean, whaddaya got? Crooked Joe in Ukraine with the Burisma? Senile Joe? Pussy grabber Joe? He'll let the Anteefas take over Joe?

Go ahead- lay it out.
All I get from this post is that you are obsessed with fapping.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
All I get from this post is that you are obsessed with fapping.

You unwillingness to elucidate Joe's alleged vulnerabilities indicates that you can't and are therefore just spreading the FUD. You've doubled down on that & redoubled.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Clinton lost in part because many people didn't think the US could actually elect someone as incompetent, corrupt and hateful as Trump. Now, we know it did, and that the effects were every bit as horrible as feared.

I expected an unparalleled clusterfuck on that horrible night of 11/9/2016, but Trump is so much worse than even I could have imagined. I always feared what if we had another 9/11 or Katrina under his watch. The suspension of the first amendment? Yeah, not at all surprising and something I wholly expected after 11/9/2016. Assassinating Soleimani to try to start war with Iran? Expected. But never would I have expected he'd actually take the virus's side in a pandemic and let 143k+ Americans die. I thought there was a rock bottom even with Trump but now we know there isn't. I'm still not even convinced there will be an America as we know it in six months, because once this wave of mass homelessness hits (eg 35% of NYC residents haven't been able to make a single rent payment since March and the PUA insurance dies in a few days) we're probably going to see social unrest like this country has never seen. If we have 25% to 30% homelessness with people also dying by the thousands every day from the pandemic and tempers still flaring from the police murders of black people can anyone really tell me this isn't the perfect mix for the kind of rioting that becomes a full-out revolution?

Reactions: FaaR and hal2kilo

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Holy crap!. All Joe's campaign has to do now is run out takes from the Chris Wallace interview with Trump from this morning. The man has lost his ever living mind. Period!

One quote. The virus is just going to go away, (Chris interjects) no, I really believe this. And I will be proven right, just like everything I've been right about." (Marginally, paraphrased)

Last edited:

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Holy crap!. All Joe's campaign has to do now is run out takes from the Chris Wallace interview with Trump from this morning. The man has lost his ever living mind. Period!

One quote. The virus is just going to go away, (Chris interjects) no, I really believe this. And I will be proven right, just like everything I've been right about." (Marginally, paraphrased)

Facts don't matter in 2020

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
And so far, He's getting away with everything he does. Wake me up when it's otherwise.
Not getting away with it yet, just not charged. But he is digging his hole deeper and deeper and the sides will cave in an bury him.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Facts don't matter in 2020

They have alternate facts for everything. Selling them will become increasingly difficult in the face of exponential spread of covid infections. There's no stepping back from disaster in many parts of the country because it's already too late for that. No do-overs.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Actually, I don't worry about nor blame Donald Trump so much. After all, we will always have crazy people, and from time to time one of those crazy people just might make it to president of the untied states. What concerns me more, much more, are the people that would vote and elect such an idiot as Donald Trump. And when a lot of those people are part of your own extended family i.e. relatives, in-laws, nieces, nephews, and yes even sisters, when that happens then that is something to really worry about, and worry about A LOT. So, it's not so much crazy people like Donald Trump that bothers me, it would be those people that vote for Donald Trump. The town "idiot" can run for mayor fine and dandy, but should the towns "people" elect that town idiot as their mayor THEN you have another problem all together.

Reactions: soundforbjt

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000

I think we just saw the last of Trump's chances with that interview.

• Love
Reactions: TeeJay1952

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I think we just saw the last of Trump's chances with that interview.

I think more generally that interview should end all the "If he just changed who he is and what he does he'll win the election" talk from distressed Republicans. It's clearly just impossible for that to happen. In fact he will get worse.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Actually, I don't worry about nor blame Donald Trump so much. After all, we will always have crazy people, and from time to time one of those crazy people just might make it to president of the untied states. What concerns me more, much more, are the people that would vote and elect such an idiot as Donald Trump. And when a lot of those people are part of your own extended family i.e. relatives, in-laws, nieces, nephews, and yes even sisters, when that happens then that is something to really worry about, and worry about A LOT. So, it's not so much crazy people like Donald Trump that bothers me, it would be those people that vote for Donald Trump. The town "idiot" can run for mayor fine and dandy, but should the towns "people" elect that town idiot as their mayor THEN you have another problem all together.

Kinda. It needs to be understood that they've just absorbed too much purposeful right wing Libertopian misinformation & propaganda to be completely sane. They believe in all kinds of things that simply aren't true & won't work for an advanced society. They'd never dream up all that crazy shit on their own but they'll believe it when it comes up on their facebook group.

ondma

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2018
Apparently Trump is restarting the Coronovirus news conferences. I am sure the emphasis is going to be on treatment drugs and how close we are to a vaccine, rather than social distancing and wearing masks.

If a vaccine is approved before the election, it could give him a big boost.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Interesting article on hidden Trump voter and why he can still win again. Makes me nervous.

Of 104 published polls that surveyed voters in those three states from August to the election, 101 had Clinton winning, two were tied, and one (in Pennsylvania) showed Trump with a slight lead. Many fell within the margin of error, but 15 had Clinton up by double digits at some point.

Trump won all three states by whisker-thin margins: a combined 77,744 votes out of 13,940,912 cast, or about half a percentage point. The 46 electoral votes in those three states provided Trump the winning margin, stunning those who predicted a Clinton victory. He won 306 electoral votes to Clinton's 232.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Highly doubt Trumpards could coordinate this, but many of them being too chicken to admit who they voted for in 2016 exit polls. Would they on purposely say the support Biden to suppress the true MAGA vote to get more to rally to further increase enthusiasm?

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Interesting article on hidden Trump voter and why he can still win again. Makes me nervous.

Ugh. It's not 2016 anymore, Toto. Trump failed miserably in the meanwhile & compounds it daily. His errors handling the pandemic are irreversible & catastrophic. It's already exploding all across the South & will inevitably spill over onto the rest of us. Yeh, sure, there are lots of brain dead people among us, but not nearly enough for him to win the election. Ain't nobody staying home, either.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
None of this says "incumbent looking good". Refusing to fix the virus has probably doomed him and likely the GOP senate majority.

Screen Shot 2020-07-20 at 2.03.28 PM.png

jmagg

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2001
I quoted him directly. He said it wouldn't satisfy the protesters. Given that, why bother?

If Joe comes out on law and order, he'll have a much better chance and probably win. If he panders, its Trump. Imo, the majority, myself included, believe that the unruly destructive mob cant be satisfied by any reasonable police reform.

LOL , Memory fading or spin artist. I think the latter.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
If you don't hold the person responsible for their part in destroying our country, then you are also part of the problem. Yes there are a scary number of really stupid people filled with hate, but without the focus and encouragement from the fucktard trump they would just be an annoying noise instead of a serious threat.