Can they do this?

cpals

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2001
I was just reading a store receipt from a local computer company where I purchased a wireless lan card. It didn't do what I wanted and so I was just looking at the receipt and it says this:

Any nondefective returns must be made within 14 days and be accompanied by original invoice and include all packaging and will receive STORE CREDIT ONLY. No returns on software or physically damaged hardware. *company* reserves the right to refuse any return.

I don't go to this store much because their prices are so expensive, but I needed this part. I don't really want store credit, but it looks like I may have to get it. :(

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
My ex-gf's father used to get a lot of flat stares from vendors at computer shows when he asked:
"So what is the return policy? Let me guess: 30 days or 30 feet - whichever comes first."

zimu

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Jzero
My ex-gf's father used to get a lot of flat stares from vendors at computer shows when he asked:
"So what is the return policy? Let me guess: 30 days or 30 feet - whichever comes first."

yep, i don't get it either...

Confused

Elite Member
Nov 13, 2000
Originally posted by: Jzero

Nice...i'm gonna have to try this the next time I buy anything from a computer show :cool:

Confused

cpals

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2001
But this is a little different, this is a brick and morter company, not just a computer show fly-by-night thing. Do other companies have these types of policies?