Question Can the AMD 3900 processor transfer Netflix 4K which is 25mb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwnrwnn7

Oct 4, 2017
Can the AMD 3900 processor transfer Netflix 4K which is 25mb?

Can I see Netflix 4K on my computer?

according to Netflix, only Intel 7th generation + processors can deliver 1080P which is up to 10mb

BigDaveX

Jun 12, 2014
The CPU won't enter into it; it'll depend what graphics card you have installed as to whether or not Netflix allows you to stream 4K.

On the nVidia side you need a GTX1050Ti or above; I'm not exactly sure what's required on the AMD side, as their drivers list support for Netflix 4K, but don't specify which models are supported.

rwnrwnn7

Oct 4, 2017
I found this material:

To enable Netflix UHD playback, the following is required:
  • NVIDIA Driver version 387.96 or newer driver. No older GeForce driver will support this functionality at this time
  • NVIDIA Pascal based GPU or newer, GeForce GTX 1050 or greater with minimum 3GB memory
  • HDCP 2.2 capable monitor(s). Please see the additional section below if you are using multiple monitors and/or multiple GPUs.
  • Microsoft Edge browser or Netflix app from the Windows Store
  • Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (10.0.16299 Build 16299 or newer):
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028685/windows-10-get-the-fall-creators-update
  • Approximately 25Mbps (or faster) internet connection.
1. The problem is not registering to open driver in Windows 10> HDR
and without it, there is no HDR through Windows

Last edited:

Hitman928

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2012
For AMD you need Polaris (470/480/570/580/590) or apparently Navi will work too (RX5000 series). For whatever reason Vega seems to be left out.

Hitman928

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2012
no
AMD's poor image processor doesn't come close to NVIDIA

You should tell AMD and Netflix and those watching Netflix 4K on AMD cards that they're wrong then.

cfenton

Jul 27, 2015
The 3900 doesn't have integrated graphics, so no, it can't display 4K Netflix by itself. Of course, it also can't display anything by itself. You need a GPU and 4K Netflix support will depend on the GPU you have.

Reactions: VirtualLarry

mtcn77

Feb 25, 2017
Keep your cpu. You can do whatever is necessary to dvr the stream through MadVR. The 3900X is a candid cpu which will enable to run 'any' upsampler you wish. Personally I like superxbr for upsampling and bilateral stuff for chroma - these don't require much cpu power. Neural stuff that used to be popular took more toll however should artifacts arise in the media these only help in sharpening them which isn't good...

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
The 3900 doesn't have integrated graphics, so no, it can't display 4K Netflix by itself. Of course, it also can't display anything by itself. You need a GPU and 4K Netflix support will depend on the GPU you have.
Winner! The Intel CPUs, have iGPUs, that support PlayReady 3.0 drivers. AMD's CPUs (not APUs), DO NOT HAVE integrated graphics.

rwnrwnn7

Oct 4, 2017
Lol, you "know" this, but don't know how Netflix streaming system would work, or for some reason thought 4k streaming was dependent on a CPU, or that a $500-750 CPU wouldn't be enough?

Man posting on this forum has gone down hill.

Again you twist my captions
1. I have argued that AMD video card gives as bad results as NVIDIA video card
In a video processor of any kind!
2. I wish I was wrong
3. If you understand how to tune the NVIDIA driver to maximum quality
You'd realize you're wrong again!
4. I noted facts, no connection to CPU or CPU buying

rwnrwnn7

Oct 4, 2017
Winner! The Intel CPUs, have iGPUs, that support PlayReady 3.0 drivers. AMD's CPUs (not APUs), DO NOT HAVE integrated graphics.

It is interesting
1. Does NVIDIA GPU have PlayReady 3.0 ?

2. Is NVIDIA video card important?

why not Chrom ? Mozilla ? Opera ?

4. to see HDR YouTube 4K 80mb
I need a browser Edge + NVIDIA video card like 1050TI ?

4.1 i am trying to watch HDR on EDGE + open HDR Driver in the win 10 ! In front of chrome > EDGE win
sharper picture
Excellent screen movement

It is unclear why the sound in a home theater system 6500 denon is so much better than Chrome .
I expected to see better, but hear much better?
It's lucky ? and on youtube ?

Multi-stereo surround speakers> chrome in detail Losing big time to edge

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: maddogmcgee

Topweasel

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2000
Again you twist my captions
1. I have argued that AMD video card gives as bad results as NVIDIA video card
In a video processor of any kind!
2. I wish I was wrong
3. If you understand how to tune the NVIDIA driver to maximum quality
You'd realize you're wrong again!
4. I noted facts, no connection to CPU or CPU buying
1. You didn't argue anything
2. You are wrong.
3. That statement is pure crap. And I didn't make an ascertain besides your trustworthiness as a source based on "knowing" something, that would seem rather complex about modern computing, but not understanding how Netflix streaming work, which is more on the basic side of computing knowledge. If you don't know the later, how can we take the former as trustworthy.
4. You noted "facts" as only you understand them and they do, because of your question. Your question was about netflix streaming, which requires a properly supported GPU and very very little about CPU choice.

Side comment in regards to your next comment. If you are using Windows 10. Use the app not a browser.

rwnrwnn7

Oct 4, 2017
1. You didn't argue anything
2. You are wrong.
3. That statement is pure crap. And I didn't make an ascertain besides your trustworthiness as a source based on "knowing" something, that would seem rather complex about modern computing, but not understanding how Netflix streaming work, which is more on the basic side of computing knowledge. If you don't know the later, how can we take the former as trustworthy.
4. You noted "facts" as only you understand them and they do, because of your question. Your question was about netflix streaming, which requires a properly supported GPU and very very little about CPU choice.

Side comment in regards to your next comment. If you are using Windows 10. Use the app not a browser.

How many names do you write here ?

Topweasel
Overall is redacted, impotent child who writes crap all day !

Messages 5,127
are you a manager here ? Or can't find a job ?
I think you need come back to clean streets !
because as a redacted you will fail

We have a zero tolerance policy for profanity in the tech sub-forums.
We also have a policy against personal attacks in the tech sub-forums.
Furthermore, you also accuse others of being a Mod when they are not. That can be considered a Mod Callout.
If you cannot behave in a respectful manner on our Forums, then post elsewhere.

Iron Woode

Super moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.