Can someone who saw "The Ninth Gate" explain the ending to me?

Techno

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Be aware this thread is 17 years old!
admin allisolm

Hi,

I just got done watching the 9th gate and i do not understand the end! Ok, so Balkin gets shot by Corso, then he goes to the car, the chick who was fallowing him the whole time was there, they "get it on" and then he finds out there was a real 10th page. He goes to the book store, the 2 guys take the book shelf down and there it is, Its the same girl riding on the dragon. Ok, i get that in this case jonny was "the dragon" in the picture. So....... i'm sorry but what did that mean? So they get it on and then the "baby" is satan?? But then again who is Jonny to preduce the lord of darkness?... Also the ending, why did it show him walking back into the castle w/ the doors opening. I see it as he is the one that goes to the 9th gate... but why??...

Can someone explain it to me?!?!?!

Thank you

EDIT... something else i just htought of.... Corso (jonny) was hired to find the other books.... Yet, in the movie, every time he found the book, he got hit and "someone" had taken the pages from the book and killed who ever possessed the book. later it was Balkin that did it all... every time he talked to jonny and he said it was the book and he can't get it (to keep), balkin knew just when and where jonny had to be the next day to get the book...why the hell did he even contract jonny to find the books, if balkin knew who had them and was going to kill them anyways. Iit makes no sence to hire him.... I mean, i understand that the people knew who balkin was and would not allow to have him get the book, but balkin killed them (or had them killed) anways... Jonny at the end didn't hold any significant roll, he wasn't like a little lamb that does all the dirty work and then gets sacrificed..... Also, the girl who balkin killed (the chick who was after the book whos husband sold then killed himself), she didn't hold any water to the storyline.. she just wanted it for a sex orgy... she wasn't sacrificed either she just wanted the book and tried her best to keep it, yet balkin killed her and the Blonde girl stopped jonny from trying to save her. WHY?? Jonny could have saved her, balkin could have run away and i'm sure the dark haired girl would have said "F*ck This I Ain't Dying Over This Book!"

Last edited by a moderator:

purplecow

May 30, 2001
Sorry, it made no sense to me. :eek:

The movie was horribly long and boring. I'm sure someone liked it though.

351Cleveland

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2001

<< The movie was horribly long and boring. I'm sure someone liked it though >>

Well, it wasn't me, that is for sure.

The last page of the 9 was a fake... the one from the bookshelf was the real one, and it depicrted the chick riding a serpent... if you know what I mean. As far as its meaning... I think they left it open for a sequel.

I of course kid and apologize if the thought of a sequel to that movie has caused you to prematurely end your life.

Techno

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Ok...... now i'm even less and even more confused... the real 9th page was her riding the serpant.... Bakin never finsied the ritual, and the girl still &quot;road&quot; on corso, So in the picture... is she just &quot;a girl&quot; or is she the devil.... what roll is there to her riding the serpant

the ritual wasn't performed correctly so how the f*ck did she get on earth...... she was on earth before the ritual even started... and also if he had the real 9th page, and the ending showed him walking into the gate..... that makes me think he did the ritual and went into the 9th gate... why did he choose the devil then.......... also, if that was a missing page from the book, who put the fake 3 pages in the 3 books..... was there a 4th book? the 3 books were suppose to contain the 3 real pages in each..... Since the 3 pages from the 3 books had LCF..... whos name was on the &quot;real&quot; 9th page......... um.... oh no..... ooohhhh headache

BTW... didn't that girl look like that old actriss who killed her self... She was in SuperMan 4

PistachioByAzul

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Great underrated film. I'm pretty sure the blond girl was a succubis.

why the hell did he even contract jonny to find the books, if balkin knew who had them and was going to kill them anyways.

As I recall, Balkin didn't understand the riddle of the book, and use Corso for that end.

The orgy girl was part of some kind of satanic cult, so they had their reasons for wanting to the powers of the book.

I think the whole thing was that Corso was &quot;the chosen one&quot;, that's why the succubis was hanging around him, and that's why he ultimately boffed her and entered the 9th gate to become a demon or whatever.

radiocore

Golden Member
Aug 25, 2000

<< As I recall, Balkin didn't understand the riddle of the book, and use Corso for that end. >>

i think also, he couldn't get close enough to the other two books to decipher which ones were real. So he had to outsource that job to Depp. ;)

Although the movie was a bit confusing, i liked it. :p

jacobnero6918

Sep 30, 2000
This movie was panned by Roger Ebert but I really liked it. I followed the movie and figured she was either a demon or a person who had also found the ninth gate. I'm mean this ninth gate has been around for awhile so others have probably tried and succeded at becoming a demi-god or demi-demon.

Theninthgate

Jan 10, 2018
Hi,

I just got done watching the 9th gate and i do not understand the end! Ok, so Balkin gets shot by Corso, then he goes to the car, the chick who was fallowing him the whole time was there, they &quot;get it on&quot; and then he finds out there was a real 10th page. He goes to the book store, the 2 guys take the book shelf down and there it is, Its the same girl riding on the dragon. Ok, i get that in this case jonny was &quot;the dragon&quot; in the picture. So....... i'm sorry but what did that mean? So they get it on and then the &quot;baby&quot; is satan?? But then again who is Jonny to preduce the lord of darkness?... Also the ending, why did it show him walking back into the castle w/ the doors opening. I see it as he is the one that goes to the 9th gate... but why??...

Can someone explain it to me?!?!?!

Thank you

EDIT... something else i just htought of.... Corso (jonny) was hired to find the other books.... Yet, in the movie, every time he found the book, he got hit and &quot;someone&quot; had taken the pages from the book and killed who ever possessed the book. later it was Balkin that did it all... every time he talked to jonny and he said it was the book and he can't get it (to keep), balkin knew just when and where jonny had to be the next day to get the book...why the hell did he even contract jonny to find the books, if balkin knew who had them and was going to kill them anyways. Iit makes no sence to hire him.... I mean, i understand that the people knew who balkin was and would not allow to have him get the book, but balkin killed them (or had them killed) anways... Jonny at the end didn't hold any significant roll, he wasn't like a little lamb that does all the dirty work and then gets sacrificed..... Also, the girl who balkin killed (the chick who was after the book whos husband sold then killed himself), she didn't hold any water to the storyline.. she just wanted it for a sex orgy... she wasn't sacrificed either she just wanted the book and tried her best to keep it, yet balkin killed her and the Blonde girl stopped jonny from trying to save her. WHY?? Jonny could have saved her, balkin could have run away and i'm sure the dark haired girl would have said &quot;F*ck This I Ain't Dying Over This Book!&quot;

Okay so it's very simple,

The allowed sacrifices were needed as part of the ritual.
Number 1

Number 2 the girl was in fact the Devils daughter and or a demon, who's soul purpose was to bare a child.

And that child would be the one to open the ninth gate.

Because Johnny Depps offspring will be the Antichrist and Balkin knew the sacrifices were needed, and also the permission was needed to be given for the ritual to work which is why he paid Johnny.

So in the end Depps seed was taken and the child to be born.