Can someone tell me what this piece is?

xSeongminx

Aug 20, 2004
Can someone please tell me what this part is (the part is circled in yellow)? Thanks.

http://www.angelfire.com/blog/test206/video_card/index.album?i=3

Btw, I doubt any of you guys can see the part so the link I'll use for referance is...

http://www.ixbt.com/video2/images/ref/x850xt-scan-back.jpg

The part that I am curious about is similar to the parts on the bottom where the PCI-E adapter part is (the things that are vertical, in groups of 2 all the way across the gold adapter part). I am assuming that these are the same as the ones that are right next to the group of capacitors (yellow blocks).

Megatomic

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
It's nice to have a stockpile of good karma isn't it? :) Congrats on beating the odds man.

mwmorph

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2004
what's broke? some caps just control volts to some chips. it will function great noe but your card life may be shrter from increased temps on say your mosfets.

xSeongminx

Aug 20, 2004
I'm going to fix it, I just wanted to make sure that it's working so I don't beat a dead horse with money xP. Btw, I just scored 11342 in 03 stock with apps running the background. Not bad for a free card :).

xSeongminx

Aug 20, 2004
Well, they wouldn't cover physical damage so I was given the card free. Btw, are these cards supposed to be hot? Mine is seriously burning hot (maybe from the loss of the capacitor...).

Munky

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2005
Those are resistors actually. That's all I can tell you, I dont know what exactly those specific ones do.

mwmorph

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2004
yup those are volt controlling resistors. it dosent look like it'doing really too much harm to your card, but i'd check temps to be sure.

xSeongminx

Aug 20, 2004
Yes. I'm going to be applying artic silver to it. So the voltage regulator isn't that big of a deal? If it is, would I have to find the exact same voltage regular specifications in order to replace?