Can someone school me on why Ron Paul would be bad for the country?

allenk09

Jan 22, 2012
Can someone please school me on why Ron Paul would be bad for the United States and what exactly is bad about him? Please leave out the racist stuff, as I know there's no proof behind any of it.

allenk09

Jan 22, 2012
We can't school you if you are just going to ignore it anyway.

No honestly, I can't figure out why anyone doesn't like him. It seems like a "Hate Ron Paul" bandwagon everyone has jumped on for no apparent reason? We know he's not going to win of even have a chance at being the nominee. I'm not saying I like Ron Paul, i'm just saying I don't see why everyone is hating him and destroying 'paulbots' because they're actually happy with a candidate and trying to spread a message. That's what happens when you have people excited and are spreading a message that people like.

Last edited:

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
No honestly, I can't figure out why anyone doesn't like him. It seems like a "Hate Ron Paul" bandwagon everyone has jumped on for no apparent reason? We know he's not going to win of even have a chance at being the nominee.

Well your first problem is claiming that there is no proof behind the racism charges. A statement like that makes me believe that you aren't really open to hearing criticism of Ron Paul.

Anyways though, I can give you a two word answer for the single biggest reason he would be bad for America:

Austrian economics.

Jan 25, 2011
Yup. Not going to generate much valid discussion when your request starts out with a blanket dismissal of certain types of criticisms.

allenk09

Jan 22, 2012
Well your first problem is claiming that there is no proof behind the racism charges. A statement like that makes me believe that you aren't really open to hearing criticism of Ron Paul.

Anyways though, I can give you a two word answer for the single biggest reason he would be bad for America:

Austrian economics.

There is no proof behind them. He's come out and said he has no relation to any of the racism. Now, if Romney had the same thing going on, he'd say "Nope" and everyone would believe him. Like I said, I don't care to hear about the racism as I've done my own research on that, as I have with other candidates and their bad 'accusations'. I want to hear real issues, not just rumors.

But thank you, I will look into Austrian Economics.

Yup. Not going to generate much valid discussion when your request starts out with a blanket dismissal of certain types of criticisms.

No see, I didn't want a thread full of "He's racist he hates black people", that's not productive.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
There is no proof behind them. He's come out and said he has no relation to any of the racism. Now, if Romney had the same thing going on, he'd say "Nope" and everyone would believe him. Like I said, I don't care to hear about the racism as I've done my own research on that, as I have with other candidates and their bad 'accusations'. I want to hear real issues, not just rumors.

No see, I didn't want a thread full of "He's racist he hates black people", that's not productive.
Keep digging. He defended the racist statements on the record, as has been pointed out numerous times here.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

No, if the exact same thing had happened with Romney or Obama, their election chances would have been over. Instantly.

Ron Paul never had a chance to begin with, which is why it didn't matter as much.

allenk09

Jan 22, 2012
Meh just lock the thread, no serious discussion is going to go on in here and it's just going to go down hill. So far we've had one answer that wasn't racism related. If I hadn't put that line in my OP, then there STILL would've been a thread full of "racist this, racist that". There's no way to have a good discussion on Ron Paul. :rolleyes:

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
Meh just lock the thread, no serious discussion is going to go on in here and it's just going to go down hill. So far we've had one answer that wasn't racism related. If I hadn't put that line in my OP, then there STILL would've been a thread full of "racist this, racist that". There's no way to have a good discussion on Ron Paul. :rolleyes:

It isn't worth locking yet. Sure, we have some race-baiters, but it is still a legitimate topic. There are plenty of substantive issues to discuss here.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Shrinking government is crazy talk. CRAZY! Therefore Ron Paul is a crazy old man, and crazy people are bad.

Government must infinitely expand, or else!

You see, the reason Ron Paul is 'bad' for the country, is people have been raised with a devout faith in government. When the government replaced the church speaking against its interests became blaspheme. Centralizing power in this country is the new normal, and is what people expect. Conservative views on this subject are swept aside in people's mad rush to loot the public treasury and regulate the entire lives of everyone else.

Ron Paul is bad because freedom and liberty have been cast aside for power and control.

Last edited:

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
No, if the exact same thing had happened with Romney or Obama, their election chances would have been over. Instantly.

Ron Paul never had a chance to begin with, which is why it didn't matter as much.

Bullshit. Bullshit. Bullshit. People tried to do a similar thing to Obama with his choice of churches. Remember? "But they weren't his words!" Oh but he followed the guy who said them, does that not matter? Please, it is stupid and no one is going to give Obama shit for being racist because the majority of Americans think only a "white" person can be racist.

I don't know why people hate Ron Paul either and I don't know why they think he would be terrible for the country while pimping the same shit that has been forcing us down the drain. It is illogical and I'm pretty sure the definition of insane. I wouldn't vote for Ron Paul because I am unsure if he would try to set Federal limits on abortion.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Bullshit. Bullshit. Bullshit. People tried to do a similar thing to Obama with his choice of churches. Remember? "But they weren't his words!" Oh but he followed the guy who said them, does that not matter? Please, it is stupid and no one is going to give Obama shit for being racist because the majority of Americans think only a "white" person can be racist.

I don't know why people hate Ron Paul either and I don't know why they think he would be terrible for the country while pimping the same shit that has been forcing us down the drain. It is illogical and I'm pretty sure the definition of insane. I wouldn't vote for Ron Paul because I am unsure if he would try to set Federal limits on abortion.

If you can't see the vast ocean of difference between sitting in a church where someone says something racist and directly distributing, profiting off, and defending racist newsletters, I can't help you.

They are nothing alike.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Shrinking government is crazy talk. CRAZY! Therefore Ron Paul is a crazy old man, and crazy people are bad.

Government must infinitely expand, or else!
Yeah, you're right, states should have the right to make abortion illegal and racial discrimination legal. :rolleyes:

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
If you can't see the vast ocean of difference between sitting in a church where someone says something racist and directly distributing, profiting off, and defending racist newsletters, I can't help you.

They are nothing alike.

Um yeah I see no difference between supporting you and your actions and doing them myself. That is one and the same. I'm sorry you disagree with that, but usually that's how the courts would see it too if a crime was being committed.

Btw eskimospy, I don't even think it was that big of a deal and I thought it was pretty stupid of people to be attacking him over.

Dank69, do you really believe that racial discrimination would occur on the state level in any real force? Lets be honest here, you think that if the Federal Government said "ok States here's your power back" that the States would try to shit on everyone not white? What kind of bullshit fucking shit is that? First off no one would stand for that, period. Things like Yelp would kill businesses so fast. Word of mouth spreading that anything like that going on and you'd see HUGE economic shifts as businesses did crappy policy. This is the stupidest fucking argument EVER, EVER, EVER. Please stop fucking using it, it is way to backwards thinking.

Last edited:

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Yeah, you're right, states should have the right to make abortion illegal and racial discrimination legal. :rolleyes:

If only a noble and benevolent dictator would make them stop.

You want a strong man to shape the world in your image.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
Dank69, do you really believe you can combat collectivist thought with more collectivist thought? Liberty unites all people. Why are you so afraid? This is why I am not a big fan of atheists, the majority of them have substituted God for Government. Instead of viewing themselves as the masters of their own destiny. Pathetic.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Um yeah I see no difference between supporting you and your actions and doing them myself. That is one and the same. I'm sorry you disagree with that, but usually that's how the courts would see it too if a crime was being committed.

Btw eskimospy, I don't even think it was that big of a deal and I thought it was pretty stupid of people to be attacking him over.

Dank69, do you really believe that racial discrimination would occur on the state level in any real force? Lets be honest here, you think that if the Federal Government said "ok States here's your power back" that the States would try to shit on everyone not white? What kind of bullshit fucking shit is that? First off no one would stand for that, period. Things like Yelp would kill businesses so fast. Word of mouth spreading that anything like that going on and you'd see HUGE economic shifts as businesses did crappy policy. This is the stupidest fucking argument EVER, EVER, EVER. Please stop fucking using it, it is way to backwards thinking.

Actually there are all sorts of different US laws on how to treat people with varying levels of complicity. You are incorrect however that someone who was sitting in a room as you committed a crime or knew of that crime would be charged as a principal.

If you want to view sitting in a pew as the same thing as actively distributing, defending, and profiting from extreme racism (and rhetoric far worse than anything Rev. Wright said), you are welcome to do so. Just know that such an opinion is in the extreme minority.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
eskimospy, he wasn't sitting in a room with the guy. he was choosing to actively engage in scripture and spreading of the "gospel" with the man. he participated in the mans church. this is much more than just sitting in a room with them. please tell me you didn't just fucking equate what he was doing to sitting in the same fucking room. and what do you mean profiting? Did Rev. Wright not profit from his words? Many people kept flocking to his church right? Churches are highly profitable businesses. So bullshit trying to spin this off like you are lol. Try to be a little unbias next time.

Again, I see no issue with what Obama did and I don't even think it was a big deal that he was part of the church. BUT you cannot tell me it doesn't matter or any of that shit if you're going to get in a big stink over Ron Paul. It definitely does fucking matter, don't be a goddamn hypocrite we have to many of them in the world already.

allenk09

Jan 22, 2012
See I don't think racism is a "state by state" issue. All humans should be treated equally regardless of color/race...there should be no debate at all. I think we're passed the day and age where anyone with a brain would actually vote for that (so most republicans would vote for it?). It's not in our culture anymore.

Though I think leaving a lot of the issues up to the states is great. If one state makes Abortion illegal and you happen to live in that state, you have 49 other states you can go have an abortion. If the federal government controls it and they make it illegal, well then you don't have any options at all.

I think a lot of people don't realize that Ron Paul can't even just go in and do all this stuff he talks about, we still have a system of checks and balances.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
allenk09, people keep buying into the collectivism. it's something they need to fight. many don't seem to realize that the greatest way to strength the group is to strength each individual. focusing on the group will leave us all in the dust, focusing on the us will do nothing but enhance life for all of us.

Carl Jung said:
Giving laws, wanting improvements, making things easier, has all become wrong and evil. May each one seek out his own way, the way leads to mutual love in community. Men will come to see and feel the similarity and communality of their ways.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
eskimospy, he wasn't sitting in a room with the guy. he was choosing to actively engage in scripture and spreading of the "gospel" with the man. he participated in the mans church. this is much more than just sitting in a room with them. please tell me you didn't just fucking equate what he was doing to sitting in the same fucking room. and what do you mean profiting? Did Rev. Wright not profit from his words? Many people kept flocking to his church right? Churches are highly profitable businesses. So bullshit trying to spin this off like you are lol. Try to be a little unbias next time.

Again, I see no issue with what Obama did and I don't even think it was a big deal that he was part of the church. BUT you cannot tell me it doesn't matter or any of that shit if you're going to get in a big stink over Ron Paul. It definitely does fucking matter, don't be a goddamn hypocrite we have to many of them in the world already.

You are continuing to try and conflate very different things. Obama participating in a church is not the same thing as Obama participating in the generation or dissemination of racist sermons. If you have any evidence he did so, you should produce it quickly. (it will mean the end of Obama's re-election efforts) Rev. Wright most certainly profited in some way from his words, but we aren't talking about Rev. Wright, we're talking about Obama. Ron Paul directly profited from the sale of racist newsletters. This is an inescapable fact. Obama profited in no way that I am aware of from Rev. Wright's speeches.

I'm not sure why this is such an emotional issue for you, but you are having a lot of trouble seeing things clearly. Obama's experience and Ron Paul's are nothing alike. To act like they are the same thing is just a denial of reality.