can someone recommend a guitar stand

mrrman

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2004
I have 3 guitars and have been reading some reviews on stands and I am not sure what to buy. I thought the Hercules stands were good until I read that they scratch the necks, this is the clamp system and the foam is not that good. I would like a stand that sits on the floor over the wall mounted devices. Thanks

linkgoron

Platinum Member
Mar 9, 2005
This is what I did:

1: enter store
2: ask for stand
3: buy 2 stands
4: leave store
5: ???
6: Profit

mrrman

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2004
Originally posted by: linkgoron
This is what I did:

This is why I am asking people who have stands, alot of the stands sold in stores are junk.

Gibson486

Lifer
Aug 9, 2000
Originally posted by: mrrman
Originally posted by: linkgoron
This is what I did:

This is why I am asking people who have stands, alot of the stands sold in stores are junk.

They are only junk if you do not take care of them. I have about 5 different stands. All of them do their job fine. No scratched guitars here.

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
Just be careful with the foam ones that hang by the headstock, some nitrocellulouse finishes found on guitars react chemically with the foam leaving areas where the finish is worn off. I actually got one of my first nicer guitars a lot cheaper that way cause the dealer found that one out the hard way and I didn't care at the time. I would on the guitars I have now.

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Gibson486
http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--RSTRS3

or

http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--MUP7352B

hose.
I personally like the first one better. As for wall mounted....I am not a fan of those.

I have the second one, it works alright. In hindsight i should have gotten a double, cause if you've just got it set up at home, it takes up quite a bit of room if you're limited in space, such as renting a room like i am......

is this for shows or just for your house?

cjgallen

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2003
I keep mine in hard cases, otherwise they collect tons of dust. I always found guitar stands to be impractical. I used cheap $5 stands, they worked fine.

Spend more time working on your chops, and less time worrying about things that don't matter.

SupaDupaCheez

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2000