Can someone point me in the direction to finding

Coolone

Aug 18, 2001
Im not sure about BF2, but with some games, you can look up cheats at any reputable game review site, and they'll also have command lines listed in order to run games at custom resolutions.

Markbnj

Elite Member <br>Moderator Emeritus
Sep 16, 2005
www.markbetz.net
I would call it a hack, rather than a fix, since it a) doesn't work reliably on every installation of the game (never could get it to work on mine); and b) doesn't really create a true widescreen mode. The game may do it's best to fill the screen, but field of view and image height get messed up.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
All it does is zoom in on the game screen to fill in your monitor's screen. So yes, you will lose some of your field of view around the edges.

gorobei

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2007
with [C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +widescreen 1 +szx 1920 +szy 1200] the hud is stretched but camera view is correct. additionally this makes your zoomed scope weapons (f200, m4, scarL) fill less screen space so you can see more of the sides when zoom shooting.

Oddly, the shortcut edit does the proper FOV(expand the width, instead of zoom in to fill screen) in bf2142