Can someone help me identify this old space adventure game?

Mears

Platinum Member
Mar 9, 2000
It came out in the mid 90s for DOS. It is NOT Space Quest. You fly around in your ship in outer space and along the way you can run into other pilots or go to other planets. To get to another planet, you would be given coordinates and you would have to fly there manually. You had a limited charge of some substance that allowed you to travel at great speeds for commuting, but if you were out you could fly there going your normal speed which would take ages.

SaturnX

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2000
Solar Winds? or Solar Winds 2?

That really sounds like Solar Winds to me.. hehe.. I think I still have that on some of my old floppy disks.. what memories.

--Mark

bockie

Jan 26, 2001
You also might want to check out:
Protostar
and
Wing Commander

It's been a long time since I've played both. I sort of doubt you are looking for Protostar based on the game description. I only played Wing Commander for a little bit.

I also played Solar Winds. It also fits your description as Tharyn already suggested.

crypticlogin

Diamond Member
Feb 6, 2001
Space Hulk?

edit: Never mind, that's not it. My nostalgia side-of-the-brain is on the fritz lately. :p So what kind of graphical layout did it have?

Mears

Platinum Member
Mar 9, 2000
Tharyn got it. It was Solar Winds. E-bay here I come.

Thanks,
Mears

Snapster

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2001
Originally posted by: AmigaMan
Sounds like an old Amiga game called Frontier Elite 2...ring any bells?

Brings back the memories, tis why I kept my a1200. Though I do have the emulation of it on pc too :)

SaturnX

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2000
Originally posted by: Mears
Tharyn got it. It was Solar Winds. E-bay here I come.

Thanks,
Mears

Whoo! Damn I'm good.. hehe... if you've still got no luck, I'd be interested in parting with it, drop me a PM if you're interested.. I 'should' still have the first, and second ones.

Let me know :D

--Mark