Can someone give me some QUICK tips on playing/winning Texas Hold-Em?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
It's all about the stance of dominance, and the poker face.

Once in a while you also need to go all in. People will realize you're a badass mofo and won't mess with you.

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
I got my ass handed to me. You guys suck LOL. And spacejamz, I am pretty sure you were trolling me, but you would not BELIEVE how many times I got hands with a 2 and 7 right off the bat. You are bad mojo, man, sorry...

and for the record, I wasn't trolling you...you should usually fold a non suited 2/7 starting hand....that was good advice...

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
and for the record, I wasn't trolling you...you should usually fold a non suited 2/7 starting hand....that was good advice...
You should pretty much always fold a 2/7 hand of any suit, unless you are the big blind and nobody raises.

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
You should pretty much always fold a 2/7 hand of any suit, unless you are the big blind and nobody raises.

or there is a side bet for winning a 2/7 starting hand and the pot hasn't gotten too crazy when it's your turn to bet....

I did say much earlier that it was a garbage hand....

I have seen my share of someone hitting trip 7's with this hand though...crazy stuff...

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I got my ass handed to me. You guys suck LOL. And spacejamz, I am pretty sure you were trolling me, but you would not BELIEVE how many times I got hands with a 2 and 7 right off the bat. You are bad mojo, man, sorry...
If you can't spot the fish within a half-hour of sitting down, you are the fish.