Can someone explain how exactly multiple X-box in same household work for 'sharing' (gamepass)?

simas

Oct 16, 2005
Can someone explain how exactly multiple X-box in same household work for 'sharing' (gamepass)? i searched Microsoft answers and FAQ and still failing to understand it

I currently have a single account/login that have
- games I bought for kids (Minecraft ,etc)
- Gamepass ultimate subscription

What i want to set up
- my XBX in my office with access to Gamepass (first)
- kids XBX in the living room where they can play games I may download and games I already bought (second)
- I dont play online and neither do they so that is irrelevant.
- I also have older X box one that I want to use occasionally as BD player. does it need a new account as well? because right now there is only one account

how do I make it happen? do I need to create new accounts for kids and rebuy things like Minecraft (no big deal given how cheap they are) ? is it a matter of giving them sign in (not account) so they can get to games I select for them

my understanding (from youtube videos) is that I need to designate one of those consoles to be my 'home' console and that way the 'sharing' would work.

thank you

Last edited:

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
Setup 1 Xbox as the "Home" xbox. This Xbox will have access to all your subscriptions whether you are logged in or not.

The other Xbox will have access to games/subscriptions when you are logged in to it with your account. You can only login to 1 xbox at a time.

You should setup an account for the kids (setup parental controls if you want). Let them login to the Xbox you set as the home Xbox. This way they will have access to all the games and subscriptions that are under your account. You can then login to your office Xbox and have access to the games/subscriptions on your account on that Xbox.

I don't remember if you need an account just to play Bluray on the 3rd Xbox... if that is the only thing you plan to use it for, just creating a 3rd junk account would be best.

Reactions: blckgrffn and simas

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Setup 1 Xbox as the "Home" xbox. This Xbox will have access to all your subscriptions whether you are logged in or not.

The other Xbox will have access to games/subscriptions when you are logged in to it with your account. You can only login to 1 xbox at a time.

I wonder if this is what I need to change. For example, I downloaded Spiritfarer through Game Pass, and someone else can play it on their account as long as I have logged into the Xbox with my own account. If I am not logged in, they cannot play it.

digiram

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2004
Sorry for the delay here. I setup my sons Xbox as the home Xbox. He can play all digital games that I buy and whatever is on game pass. I log into the second Xbox and we can play the same games I own.