Can some of you recommend a Motherboard

TOAOCyrus

Sep 13, 2005
That supports X2 processors out of the box? I don't have a regular 939 CPU to flash the BIOS with.

superfly27

Jun 25, 2005
I know Abit sells BIOS chips for $6 US if your CPU is not recognized. Abit is a good brand too.

TOAOCyrus

Sep 13, 2005
Originally posted by: AMDCrazy
Any NF4 motherboard will support X2 processors.

Yes I know but some of them need a newer BIOS. I want to make sure I get a board that comes with the right BIOS out of the box because I won't be able to flash it without a recognized CPU installed(right?)

EDIT now I get all NF4 mobo's come with the right BIOS?

Originally posted by: superfly27
I know Abit sells BIOS chips for $6 US if your CPU is not recognized. Abit is a good brand too.

Thanks I will look into it.

Xenoboy

Aug 18, 2005
AFAIK, most of the boards will post with the X2 processor even if the BIOS does not recognize it.

The Pentium Guy

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2005
Originally posted by: Xenoboy
AFAIK, most of the boards will post with the X2 processor even if the BIOS does not recognize it.

Right. It'll generally only recognize one core, then you flash it and it'll recognize both. This is a good point to bring up in my guide too.

Besides, X2's been out for quite a while now, so boards should come with BIOS support for them.

n7

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2004
There's a number of good ones.

[*]DFI Lanparty Ultra-D for the extreme OCer (tweaking required just to get things stable usually)
[*]Epox 9NPA+ Ultra for great OCing on a budget
[*]MSI Neo4 Platinum for a ton of everything, & good OCing
[*]Abit AN8 Ultra for good OCing with a heatpipe (fanless silent cooling for the mobo)
[*]ASRock 939Dual-SATA2 for those with an AGP video card who want to move to PCI-e later (also ultra-cheap & a good OCer)