Can NVIDIA and AMD 3D cards be used simultaneously on a PC

thinktank1987

Nov 26, 2008
Hi All!!!

Its my 1st post here i am eager to know that can 2 AMD cards be used with crossfire x and 1 nividia card on a single PC!!!

krnmastersgt

Platinum Member
Jan 10, 2008
Welcome to the forums :D
I'd expect driver conflicts with a set-up like that, but maybe not. Might I ask why you'd think of using a set-up like that? Why so eager?

Also any Intel/AMD chipset board that could support CF up to 3 cards would be able to run the 2 cards in CF and 1 not set-up. Just not sure if the drivers would conflict with each other or not.

MarcVenice

Moderator Emeritus <br>
Apr 2, 2007
Welcome.

I think I've read about some1 using a ATI card for 3d, and a nvidia card for physx. So it can be done ... Running CF and 1 for physx, not sure ...

nosfe

Aug 8, 2007
and then there's the problem with vista not supporting multiple video drivers

thinktank1987

Nov 26, 2008
Originally posted by: MarcVenice
Welcome.

I think I've read about some1 using a ATI card for 3d, and a nvidia card for physx. So it can be done ... Running CF and 1 for physx, not sure ...

haven't read that is the exact point i was thinking about because nvidia had acquired aegia they started incorporating it in to their 3D cards and at the same time i was impressed with the cross fire x technology so just wanted to how well the Unholy alliance will work !!! ;D

schneiderguy

Lifer
Jun 26, 2006
Originally posted by: thinktank1987
Hi All!!!

Its my 1st post here i am eager to know that can 2 AMD cards be used with crossfire x and 1 nividia card on a single PC!!!

Not on Vista, but XP and Windows7 should work with multiple display drivers