Can not view jpg files copied into a still camera ?

ribbony

May 21, 2001
If I copy photos into my Pentax 330 still camera they are stored in the memory card but not recognised by the camera for viewing in the display or video output. What special hidden extras do the camera photos have that exotic sourced jpg photos do not. I want to transfer photos into the camera and do a slide show into a TV.

onelin

Dec 11, 2001
While I don't have that camera (house here has an HP as well as a Nikon Coolpix 995) ... here's my guess:

digital cameras capture images in several (sometimes more) different jpeg quality settings. By this logic, it's possible that your camera also can only *read* (and display) those same formats....even if that's stupid. Try taking a photo off your camera and throwing it back on, if it works...it's probably the file format thing. If not, maybe it's some issue with the reverse transfer. You may need to use different hardware to accomplish your goal :-/

HTH

ribbony

May 21, 2001
Thanks for the tip. I found that I can transfer files that originated in the camera back into it so long as I do not modify them in any way. Most photos I have are from sources other than the camera (it's a new addition). I have tried to copy them across in windows explorer, ACD photo, etc, all with the same result. The camera stores them (visible as files under the removable drive) but will not view them. I have noticed that the jpg files produced from the camera have metafile data attached. I am not sure if that is relevant to this issue ?