Can not access For Sale/Trade Thread

Discussion in 'Personal Forum Issues' started by Networker4321, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Networker4321

Networker4321 Junior Member

When I activated my account I was not asked for my activation ID. Could that be an issue?

2. Harvey

Harvey Administrator<br>Elite Member
    Administrator

Hi,

Welcome to AnandTech Forums. Because our forums are so large, some of our rules may be different from other forums you visit.

1. All posts offering to buy, sell or trade items must be posted on our For Sale/Trade forum. To deter "drive by"

fraudulant traders and spammers, new members cannot participate until they have been a member for seven days and posted 25 messages elsewhere on our forums.

2. Before posting on our For Sale/Trade forum, please read the rules for that forum. Among the provisions is that you must enable the "About Me" tab in your profile and show your registered e-mail address to participate on this forum. Instructions on how to do this are in another thread at the top of that forum.

Thanks for your cooperation and understanding. We hope you enjoy yourself on our forums. :)

Harvey
    Senior AnandTech Moderator/Administrator

#2 Harvey, Oct 19, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  3. allisolm

allisolm Administrator<br>Elite Member
    Administrator

4. Farfle

Farfle Member

Hi, I cannot access it either. I haven't logged in to my account for a few years, but I checked my post count and it says I have 74. Do I have to wait 7 days because my account was inactive, or something? Thanks.

*edit: ok I guess it can take an hour or so for the system to update, so I'll just wait :)

#4 Farfle, Dec 10, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  5. rliao

rliao Member

I'd like to purchase a used CPU but cannot access the FS/FT boards either. I seem to have met both requirements as this login is over 8 years old and I've exceeded the 25 post minimum.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

*edit* working now after waiting for login db sync. Thanks!

#5 rliao, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  6. zootedd

zootedd Member

Well, here goes post #1.

7. Venn

Venn Junior Member

Posting to check my post count

8. lestat0521

lestat0521 Senior member

I also have not logged on for a number of years and it will not allow me to access the for sale/trade section. I checked and my account has everything set to visible to everyone, is there anything else i need to do?

Thanks,
    Chris

9. allisolm

allisolm Administrator<br>Elite Member
    Administrator

You just have to wait for the forum permissions to update - which they already have as it shows you have access. You should be good to go. :thumbsup:

10. puppycock

puppycock Member

Posting to check my post count, also haven't logged in in years.

11. ghost_willis

ghost_willis Member

This explains it haha

12. AzureNightmareX1

This definitely explains a lot to me.

13. ddogg

ddogg Golden Member

Just logged in after a few years and I do have access as well. Did you guys get access eventually?

14. ViRGE

ViRGE Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus

The permissions system updates every few hours. If it's not working tomorrow morning, throw up a thread in Moderator Discussions and we'll get you sorted out.

15. ddogg

ddogg Golden Member

I have access now, thanks

16. CHEMEMAN

CHEMEMAN Member

I have been a member for 4 years, have purchased several items from other members, and have had access to PMs and classifieds. Suddenly I have lost the ability to PM?

17. Gillbot

Gillbot Lifer

Post here: http://forums.anandtech.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56

18. ddogg

ddogg Golden Member

19. XtremeHardware

thankz....for asistance

20. semo0319

semo0319 Junior Member

Now i know why. Tanks for sharing.

21. FAQdaworld

FAQdaworld Member

Couldn't figure out why I couldn't access the fs forum, this answers it thank you

22. sochee

sochee Member

Oh man, this should be made clearer. Figured this out after a whole day..

23. Azix

Azix Golden Member

This is silly. Anandtech is not the only forum on the internet. People active elsewhere might be looking around for for sale deals that might not be on other forums. None of these rules would actually stop someone determined to rob or cheat. They'd stop people like me who are just looking for deals. Blah

There must be other ways.

24. Harvey

Harvey Administrator<br>Elite Member
    Administrator

Hi,

Welcome to AnandTech Forums.

Sorry our rules bother you, but AnandTech Forums is the largest English language computer-oriented forums in the world which makes us a large target for would be thieves and scammers. In spite of that, our For Sale/Trade forum is widely regarded as being among the safest trading forums.

I've been moderating these forums for over 15 years, and our rules have evolved in response to the problems we have encountered over the years. During that time, our moderators have learned to spot repeat offenders returning under other user names, and we have been able to help law enforcement agencies to send a number of thieves to jail. If you stay around and participate on our forums long enough to join FS/T, you can read about some of them in our sticky "Traders To Avoid" thread at the top of that forum.

We intend our For Sale/Trade forum as a place where our members can buy, sell, and trade their personal gear while upgrading, NOT as a free wheeling auction floor for casual "drive by" shoppers. If you're serious about computers, you'll find plenty of informative discussions and good information about hardware and software and lots of good help with problems you may encounter. If you're knowlegeable, you may be able to help others with your knowledge and experience. If you're a good trader, we hope you will participate on FS/T as a member of our community.

If you want to trade here, you trade under our rules. If that is too much bother for you, there are "other ways," including lots of other trading forums and venues.

We hope you enjoy yourself on our forums... or elsewhere, as you prefer. :)