Can it get any worse for Trump *NK Luanched something*

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
the official response from the White House?

"The White House on Saturday said President Donald Trump "cannot imagine that Russia is pleased" with North Korea's latest missile test."

My favorite official Whitehouse response in the last couple of weeks was from the law firm that Trump used to release a statement that Trump has "no ties" to Russia:
C_u027JUQAAd7vk.jpg:large

The law firm of Morgan-Lewis was named "RUSSIA LAW FIRM OF THE YEAR" last year:
https://www.morganlewis.com/news/chambers-partners-names-morgan-lewis-as-russia-law-firm-of-the-year

HAMBERS & PARTNERS NAMES MORGAN LEWIS AS RUSSIA LAW FIRM OF THE YEAR
May 02, 2016
MOSCOW, May 2, 2016: Morgan Lewis has been recognized by Chambers & Partners’ 2016 Chambers Europe guide as Russia Law Firm of the Year. The prestigious honor was announced at the publication’s recent annual awards dinner in London, where firms from 24 countries were recognized.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I remember in psychology class back in college we studied "tells" that a person is either untruthful or masquerading, and one of them is "using a lot of adjectives in front of nouns and overly-general terms". If you listen to Trump talk about anything, it's like he has to put a 20 adjective minimum into each sentence and can't use an exact term for anything he tries to explain.

Methinks Trump is having a really hard time with being honest because he had to lie his way into office and now finds that he cannot lie his way into running it. His decisions are based primarily on how they reflect on his popularity ratings when compared to game show hosts, religious network hucksters and every reality TV show on cable that he manages to squeeze into his daily schedule.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Man I had a dream last night about a dictator that had taken over the country ruling with an iron fist and when I finally saw him it was Trump.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
"that much", obviously it all matters.

i would go so far as to say that a successful test of an ICBM could be Trump's red line for NK.
I don't think we really get a red line, since even though it's our military might, it's South Korean and Japanese citizens whose lives are at risk. About the most America can do is to make it plain to the North Korean nutjobs that ANY use of a nuke means that North Korea will utterly cease to exist as an even marginally habitable corner of Earth.

Feb 16, 2005
yes, it can get much worse from drumpf and I hope every minute of every day it does. I hope that bloated, orange twatwaffle ends up in prison

Reactions: ch33zw1z