Can I use USB Extension 10 Meters for Xbox One Controller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apocalypto

Jun 2, 2014
Hi guys,

I want to buy an Xbox One Controller to connecting it to my PC. If I connect the micro usb to the controller and the usb to a male to male extension about 10 meters longs, it still works?

Also should I buy it with charger + cable kit since it have an original micro usb cable, or buy one without kit and buy a seperate micro usb cable? I know its useless the battery because I cannit use it wireless...

Thank you very much

Topweasel

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2000
Hi guys,

I want to buy an Xbox One Controller to connecting it to my PC. If I connect the micro usb to the controller and the usb to a male to male extension about 10 meters longs, it still works?

Also should I buy it with charger + cable kit since it have an original micro usb cable, or buy one without kit and buy a seperate micro usb cable? I know its useless the battery because I cannit use it wireless...

Thank you very much
If you get an active extension cable it should work. Unassisted USB is limited to about 4 meters or 16'.

Just about any Micro USB cable should work so no reason buying a $25 kit for a battery you won't be using.

Apocalypto

Jun 2, 2014
Thanks for your help,

So if I buy this cable it should work?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRIXES-10...t=UK_Computing_USB_Cables&hash=item2ec5fcc7a0

I am buying it with a kit because I heared that it is better to have an original micro usb cable because perofrmacne may differ.

If you get an active extension cable it should work. Unassisted USB is limited to about 4 meters or 16'.

Just about any Micro USB cable should work so no reason buying a $25 kit for a battery you won't be using.

Status
Not open for further replies.