Can i use a PIN to lock whatsapp ?

FlameTail

Platinum Member
Dec 15, 2021
I want to lock whatsapp App. I read that in a certain software update a few years ago, the feature to lock whatsapp using Face ID, Fingerprint or PIN was added.

I use an android. Obviously Face ID is put of the equation.
However i only get the option to secure whatsapp using fingerprint. The PIN option is no where to be seen

I can't use the fingerprint because rhe fingerprint scanner on my phone is barely able to register my finger. Next to useless.

This leaves me in a dilemma because i csnt use the Fingerprint or PIN to secure whatsapp.

Why don't i get the PIN option ?

a) Was it removed in a software update ?

b) Is WhatsApp forcing me to use Fingerprint since my phone has a fingerpint scanner ?

In this case is does a workaround exist ? Like permanently disbaling the fingerprint scanner ?

You might suggest me to use a third party App Lock. However, i use Dual Messenger Whatsapp. All Applocks i have tried have so far failed to detect the second copy of WhatsApp. This appears to be a problem specific to Samsung devices. So I cant use a third party Appl Lock on WhatsApp.

Any assistance would be much appreciated!

DaaQ

Golden Member
Dec 8, 2018
Well, IIRC legally, they cannot force you to unlock a PIN screen lock. Fingerprint, yes, face ID yes.

So use a pin lock on main lock of phone?

Edit: suppose it could be state dependent, check applicable laws.