Can i tell the speed of my memory?

Nov 28, 2001
Some guy sold me a 256 of Crucial? well he told me it was crucial but not sure and said it was pc2100. ever since i out it in 2 months ago my system seems a little eh. is there software that can tell me what it is?

Athlon4all

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2001
What Mobo? On allmost every DDR board, as long as you're running a 266fsb Athlon, then Memory MUST run at PC2100. Go into the BIOS and see what the fsb setting is, also WCPUID reports Memory Speed also.

Kingofcomputer

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2000
ctspd tells the spd info of the memory module.
sandra does that too, and also tells the speed and timing it's running at.

no software can tell the real hardware spec of the memory, you've to look at marking on the ram chip, and go to the ram chip manufacuturer website to use the decoder or datasheet to find out what ram it's.

brand name memory modules have sticker on the ram chips with part number for that module. you can find out what kind of module is it from the memory module manufacturer website, but they may not tell you what ram chips are used on it. like kingston valueram, they use different ram chips for the same model module from time to time.

Nov 28, 2001
yeah it had a crucial sticker but ripped off when i pulled the heatspreaders the guy applied. so not sure, where can i get these little programs?