Can I stepup an evga card whose hs/fan has been replaced?

djunreal

Nov 21, 2002
I'm on the waiting list to step up my 7800GT CO for a 7900GT CO. I put an aftermarket fan on the 7800. Does anyone know if this disqualifies me from the step up program? I'll replace the original fan of course but is there any way for them to tell if it had been removed and put back on or do they not care?

Thanks.

Matt2

Diamond Member
Jul 28, 2001
you have to put the stock cooler back on the card when u send it in. Other than that, EVGA doesnt care.

gchanjam

Apr 26, 2006
Yeah make sure you put the stock cooler back on when you send it. They have no way of telling otherwise.

Tanclearas

May 10, 2002
Originally posted by: gchanjam
Yeah make sure you put the stock cooler back on when you send it. They have no way of telling otherwise.

They don't care, as long as you didn't break the card. As others have stated, you must return it with the original cooler.

Jeff7181

Lifer
Aug 21, 2002
And don't be an ass and just slap it on there with the old TIM on it. They might remove it and put new TIM on it anyway before reselling it, but they might accuse you of damaging it if there's no TIM on it and they test it and it fries.

TheRyuu

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2005
There has to be no physical damage to the card and it has to work properly. Which means put the old HSF on it and while your at it, why not put some AS5 on it and make it all nice and pretty for them :p