Can I set different screen resolution for different user on XP?

IMO

Jan 5, 2000
Hey,
This might sound weird, but different folks in my family like to use different resolution on the same computer!

on the xp, different log on user can set different bg/sound etc, but can I also set different screen resolution with each ind user?

how do I go about setting it up?

thanks for the help!

jmitchell

Oct 10, 2001
have you tried the regular display properties? I'm not sure if it would work, but it may. I'm not at home or I'd try it for ya...

Fierysonic

Apr 30, 2000
Doesn't sound wierd at all. I would think that you'd log on as each separate user and set the resolution, color depth, etc. like normal.

IMO

Jan 5, 2000
yes, I would think so too!
I am not sure about the color depth, but I know whatever screen resolution the last user use is the one that will show when I switch to a different user!

anyone please, anyone have a way/trick to set different resolution and bind it to different user account?

Thanks!

SemperFi

Platinum Member
Apr 5, 2000
I have read this same question about 2000 and the answer is no.

So here is a bump for a good tweak if possible. I will be upgrading to xp pro soon.

Logix

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2001
I tried to set up something like this back in my Windows 98 days. My dad wanted to use a lower resolution, and I wanted a higher resolution. I was never able to make it work. :(

Unless someone knows of a program that can do this, here's a possible semi-solution. Keep the resolution the same, but let other members of your family use "large font" themes. That's the only work-around I can think of.