Can I return an item to another Walmart store branch?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Qacer, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Qacer

Qacer Platinum Member

I was reading Walmart.com return policy and I couldn't find my answer there. They were only talking about Warlmart.com's (and not the store) policies. Anyway, I bought a couple bag of candies for the trick or treaters. None of them showed up, so now I want to return the unopened bags. The thing is that I bought the candies in another town because I was in the area. There's another Walmart that is closer.

Does anyone know if I can return the items at any other Walmart branch?

Thanks!

2. RavenSEAL

RavenSEAL Diamond Member

Worth a try...

3. Qacer

Qacer Platinum Member

Probably with other items, but this candy may melt in the car. It's going to be in the car for at least a few hours because I'm going to the beach, and I was planning on returning it to a Walmart on the way.

Hmm.... wait a minute. I believe I read that Walmart has a No Receipt return policy. Maybe I can just use that since these items total for less than $25.

4. Engineer

Engineer Elite Member

If that branch handles the products, then yes. I've (and I'm sure my wife) have done it multiple times. I bought a pair of jeans in South Carolina and returned them in Kentucky.

If you don't have a receipt, you'll get whatever price is the going rate in a store gift card. If it's 50-75% off, that is what you will get back.

5. waggy

waggy No Lifer

if you have a receipt then yes any walmart will take it back. If you don't have a receipt they will take it back but you get the lowest price it has been in the past year

6. Qacer

Qacer Platinum Member

I'm sure most Walmart carry these items. They are the Reese's party pack and the Snickers party pack. I'll try it out today with a receipt from another store.... and my back up is to use the No Receipt policy.

7. Wordplay

Wordplay Golden Member

People trick or treat on the 30th?o_O

8. moshquerade

moshquerade No Lifer

but... but... today is Halloween.

9. Engineer

Engineer Elite Member

Yes, many places do. There was even a few towns that rescheduled Trick-or-treating on Saturday so that their Sunday football games would not be disturbed (saw on the news).

A few towns in KY did trick-or-treating last night.

10. bignateyk

bignateyk Lifer

I think so. I returned a camping grill I bought at a store 2 hours away at the local store. You just need a receipt I think.

11. Blayze

Blayze Diamond Member

They will take it back with or without a receipt. If you don't have a receipt they give store credit on a gift card.

12. moshquerade

moshquerade No Lifer

Alright, did some leg work for you. It sounds like plants and food cannot be returned to walmart at all.

http://www.walmart.com/cp/Returns-Policy/538459

13. BoomerD

BoomerD Lifer

* that. Halloween is on 10/31. If they show up at my door on the 30th...they're going away empty-handed.

14. mizzou

mizzou Diamond Member

I distinctly remember going trick or treating three to two times during halloween in my old neighborhood

15. sdifox

sdifox No Lifer

Pretty sure those are referring to fruit, cold cuts, meat, etc. Not candy bars.

16. moshquerade

moshquerade No Lifer

maybe... i wouldn't want to be the one to buy food someone returned to walmart. :sneaky:

17. sdifox

sdifox No Lifer

Too late :whiste:

18. esun

esun Platinum Member

How much candy did you buy? That stuff is what, a couple bucks per bag? Even if you did get your $10 refund, would it be worth your time and effort? Heck, just save it for next year, that stuff doesn't go bad.

19. slightlyhuman

i'm a broke mother fucker and wouldn't mess with taking candy back for $10.. what the *?

20. HomerSapien

HomerSapien Golden Member

Walmart takes everything back, as long as they can find the sku in their inventory system. They do have a limit on the number of returns in a specified time period. We exceeded it returning baby items (duplicate gifts and such) and cant return anything for 6 months unless it is defective. We returned a lot of stuff to get that and I think it is a store specific limit.

21. Schfifty Five

Surprised no one has asked this yet, but what did Walmart say when you called them?

22. OBLAMA2009

OBLAMA2009 Diamond Member

why is he trying to return candy when halloween hasnt even happened yet. why dont you just go buy one of those big plastic pumpkins and put it out at the reception desk at your workplace

23. Ichinisan

Ichinisan Lifer

Unless you encounter some ridiculous employee, then yes. You can return it to a different Walmart store. They've always done it for me if I had the receipt, no questions asked.

24. Engineer

Engineer Elite Member

As explained earlier in this thread, some places had Trick-or-Treat on Saturday this year instead of Sunday, the 31st.

25. Ika

Ika Lifer

candy does go bad after a while, actually. It will probably at the veryr least become misshapen, especially the Reese's. Since it sounds like he's in a hot area it will probably melt slowly too.