Can I report cats that kill bunnies? **PICS

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zimu

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2001
i think i wish i hadn't looked.
nah, actually that was pretty cool. post it on rotten.com too ;)

lotust

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2000
Originally posted by: Zenmervolt
Another one of those damned city kids again.

Kid, I've accidentally run over more animals with my lawnmower than that cat will kill in nine lifetimes. Get over it. Besides, it's a fvcking _rabbit_. It's a rodent, the damn things are no better than rats and they multiply like, well, rabbits. It's not like there aren't about a billion more where that came from.

Welcome to the way nature works. If something this stupid bothers you, congratulations, you have a future with the nutcases at PETA.

ZV

first off im not fing kid. Is this how nature works? domestic house cats killing everythihng in sight ? Im not activist. Its just annoying to see dead rabbits all the time every year at the doorstep. My step dad dont even pick them up.

SilentRavens

Aug 20, 2003
www.mhughes.info
Originally posted by: lotust
Originally posted by: Zenmervolt
Another one of those damned city kids again.

Kid, I've accidentally run over more animals with my lawnmower than that cat will kill in nine lifetimes. Get over it. Besides, it's a fvcking _rabbit_. It's a rodent, the damn things are no better than rats and they multiply like, well, rabbits. It's not like there aren't about a billion more where that came from.

Welcome to the way nature works. If something this stupid bothers you, congratulations, you have a future with the nutcases at PETA.

ZV

first off im not fing kid. Is this how nature works? domestic house cats killing everythihng in sight ? Im not activist. Its just annoying to see dead rabbits all the time every year at the doorstep. My step dad dont even pick them up.

Yes this is how nature works, cats instinctively catch and eat small prey, cute bunny rabbits included. Just because an animal like a cat is domesticated doesn't mean its not going to carry out some of its most basic instincts.

lotust

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2000
Originally posted by: 91TTZ
Rabbits can be pests. I consider cats pests too. Both get similar treatment.

ditto... people should expect dead cats if they let them roam free. I mean i can let my dog free to go out and kill what every he wants. Why should a cat have free roam of the outside. I would love to put a bullet in all 3 cats we have here :) But like i said. Im not that mean. I know my stepdad has grandkids that play with the cats

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
a can of cat food and a splash or two of anti-freeze will take care of that problem.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Rabbits are pests. Cats are beneficial animals that kill rodents... like rabbits.

lotust

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2000
Originally posted by: Amused
Rabbits are pests. Cats are beneficial animals that kill rodents... like rabbits.

yes but i think these 2 cats alone are offsetting the balance of nature :laugh:

91TTZ

Lifer
Jan 31, 2005

I'd rather have a rabbit in my yard than someone else's cat that stinks up the place. I had to pluck one with my air rifle. I don't let my dog roam the neighborhood and crap on people's lawns, people shouldn't let their cats do the same. Because the cat might not come back.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000

I'd rather have a rabbit in my yard than someone else's cat that stinks up the place. I had to pluck one with my air rifle.

yip cats are a bigger pest than stray cats. come to my neighborhood and ill show you.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Citrix

I'd rather have a rabbit in my yard than someone else's cat that stinks up the place. I had to pluck one with my air rifle.

yip cats are a bigger pest than stray cats. come to my neighborhood and ill show you.

Imagine an area with no cats and I'll show you an area overrun with mice and rats.

In no way, shape or form are cats more of a pest than rodents.

91TTZ

Lifer
Jan 31, 2005

Imagine an area with no cats and I'll show you an area overrun with mice and rats.

In no way, shape or form are cats more of a pest than rodents.

Other animals would pick up the slack, such as owls. If it was overrun with mice and rats, it would be a buffet for owls and they'd flourish.

lotust

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2000

I'd rather have a rabbit in my yard than someone else's cat that stinks up the place. I had to pluck one with my air rifle. I don't let my dog roam the neighborhood and crap on people's lawns, people shouldn't let their cats do the same. Because the cat might not come back.

yep... they crap in the flower beds.