• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Question Can I pair a Razerbook/XPS 13 with an LG CX OLED?

AJ33

Jun 6, 2017
So I'm looking to replace both my laptop and my old desktop with a combined setup.

My primary use will be productivity with some gaming and entertainment on the side. Here's what I'm thinking

Base Machine - Razerbook 13(waiting for full reviews) OR XPS13 - i7 11th gen, 16gb RAM

Main Screen - LG CX OLED (48 currently unavailable in my country and may never launch so Im left with the 55 - I have the space and the distance to make the larger size work if needed)

Second Screen - 24/27" to be decided.

eGPU - Razer Core with nVidia 3070/3080

Questions

1) How much will the base machine limit gaming performance? Should I go for 32GB RAM?
2) Will this setup be able to drive the main screen @ 4K 120Hz + a second 4K screen?
3) 3070/3080 availability is also very limited so if I have to wait for that - is there a chance well see HDMI 2.1 on laptops next year?
4) Without the eGPU - what will my external display capabilities be limited to with just the laptop?

Thanks

jagdishsingh

Dec 22, 2020
Its the worst experience after purchasing Dell XPS 13.

I had purchased this laptop 5 days before.

And I am facing a lot of problem with this device.

First of all when I bought it home it was not working.

So I went to the shop from where I had bought it. They told me to talk to customer care when I called they told me it's your mistake .

It is not at all user friendly it starts producing smoke if you will work continuously for 10-15 minutes.It's not reliable also because of its slippery surface at the back.It's just a wastage of money and nothing else because I purchased this laptop from my savings.

And it just got wastedService and support is the worst experience of mine the customer care executive don't know how to talk.

ASK THE COMMUNITY