Can I just pick up my stuff from the UPS distribution center?

Jschmuck2

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005
Anyone ever have any experience doing this. I'm at my parents house for the holidays and would like to pick up the parts I had on order for them so as to spend as little time at home as possible :-|

How would I even go about finding the distro center in Ontario? Is there a website that lists that kind of thing?

Dedpuhl

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
AFAIK, they must attempt a delivery to the address. UPS apparently has it set up where the sender can change the destination...

nsafreak

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2001
Yep they must attempt delivery at least once. They will not let you pick it up at the distribution center until that delivery has been attempted.

Jschmuck2

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005
Ugh, not cool. My stuff from Newegg (3 day UPS shipping) shipped on the 20th from TN and won't be here until the 27th. Wtf? I understand it's wacky around Xmas time but isn't that a little excessive?

indamixx99

Golden Member
Oct 17, 2006
Well, it is the busiest shipping time of the year. Whadda ya expect? Plus you're not accounting for the weekend and christmas holiday.

Jschmuck2

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: indamixx99
Well, it is the busiest shipping time of the year. Whadda ya expect? Plus you're not accounting for the weekend and christmas holiday.

I expect them to bring me my package on a brown rickshaw with short shorted drivers slowly chanting my name.