Can I get a new CD key?

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
So I play BF2 with the AIX mod and bought BF2 new and wrapped on ebay. I installed it and was able to play all the servers, then one day it said something about my CD key was invalid. I tried to call EA and got a voice recording and their web site is no help. What can I do?

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
How?

I did find a registry tweak that I can use that was on EA's website. So I will try that and see what happens.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
How?

I did find a registry tweak that I can use that was on EA's website. So I will try that and see what happens.

Let us know... hopefully not another EA horror story, although it already is unless you cheated / did something to deserve it.

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
I just got around to trying this and it works! Now I can play BF2 again!

If you are experiencing an error indicating “Your CD-Key is Invalid” when trying to start a “Play Now” Game, then make the following adjustments to your Window’s registry.

Warning: Changes to the registry can cause your computer to operate improperly, so please follow these instructions exactly as they are written.

Follow these steps to back-up the registry so that should something go wrong, you can restore your system back to a working state:

1. Click the Start button on the Windows Taskbar.
  2. Select Run.
  3. Type regedit into the available text field and press OK.
  4. If you are using Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7, click on File, and select Export.
    Note: If you are using Windows 95/98/ME, click on Registry
  5. Then select Export Registry.
  6. Select All under Export Range.
  7. Type backup into the File name field, and click Save.
If you have Battlefield 2 take the following steps (BF2SF check below):

1. Click on plus sign next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
  2. Click on plus sign next to SOFTWARE.
  3. Click on the plus sign next to Wow6432Node
  4. Double click on Electronic Arts folder.
  5. Double click on EA Games folder.
  6. Double click on Battlefield 2 folder (also Battlefield 2 Special Forces if you have the complete collection)
  7. Double click on ergc folder.
  8. Data displayed in the right-pane will have x9392 followed by a long string of random characters.
  9. Right click on (default) and select Modify.
  10. Highlight the string of characters and delete them.
    1. Type in x9392 and then your CD key.
      Example: x9392xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx. YOU MUST INCLUDE HYPHENS
    2. If it’s the Digital Download of Battlefield 2 Complete Collection, your CD Key is contained in Origin under the Info Icon associated with the Game.
  11. Click OK
  12. Repeat these steps if you have Battlefield 2 Special Forces.
You may now start playing the game online.

ThinClient

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2013
EA has their own forum and their own support group. You should be posting on their own forum or emailing them. We cannot do anything for you and any advice given here will be nothing but heresay.

For future consideration. ;)

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
EA has their own forum and their own support group. You should be posting on their own forum or emailing them. We cannot do anything for you and any advice given here will be nothing but heresay.

If the OP posts here he has much less of a chance of getting his entire origin account shut down. It happens

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
Whatever, I thought this was a gaming discussion thread.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Whatever, I thought this was a gaming discussion thread.

it is.. however your having an account issue.
That is server related and pretty much no one on this forum can assist you unless they happen to be a viral agent from Origin.

The best thing to do is contact support.
Tell them you have the original CD and original packaging.
They will most likely ask you to send them proof and once its recieved, they usually give u a new key.

This is of course, your not BAN'd from BF3 servers.
If your caught with a hackware, then there is no hope of ever getting your account back.

They dont care if its a false report or not.. if ur ban'd for hacking... its done and over... proven guilty without a chance to prove innocence.