can I do this? EDIT: how do yo guys miss this neffing opportunity?

luvya

Banned
Nov 19, 2001
I only have local phone service in my apt. Can I fax something internationally? My dad is in singapore now, that's why I am asking.
And, I don't use fax machine, I use winfax :)
please help ~

EDIT: I am disappointed at you guys. nobody seems to care about my problem:(

luvya

Banned
Nov 19, 2001
BUMP!

<-------------------------------------------------------------didn't realize editing doesn't bump the thread :eek:

spanky

Lifer
Jun 19, 2001
doesn't winfax essentially make a long distance phone call? a fax is really just a phone call as far as i know. but i'm no expert here.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
it wouldn't matter if its a fax machine or winfax. I don't think you can do it with just local phone. Cant you just email him the stuff? It would be a whole hell of a lot cheaper.

No. You can't dial anything but local, so how would you dial singapore?

And you can use a computer?

JonBarillari

Mar 24, 2002

<< doesn't winfax essentially make a long distance phone call? a fax is really just a phone call as far as i know. but i'm no expert here. >>

This is true for all the fax softwar I've used.. However, U might be able to use free internet PC - Phone long distance software in conjunction with winfax... wait.. U said Singapore... nevermind.

luvya

Banned
Nov 19, 2001
Believe it or not, my dad doesn't use computer. He doesn't know how, and he obivously doesn't care much either. Everything he use computer is only for checking his stock online and that is it!!! So email would be too fancy for him.
I am actually thinking that I can do it with only local phone service. One of my ex-roomate use to call his mom(in taiwan) via internet phone software......so..I am guessing it's also possible to fax over internationally, right?

spanky

Lifer
Jun 19, 2001
i dun think thats gonna work. just scan ur stuff and post it on a website and tell ur dad the url. then have him print it out.