can i back up my BF3 Back To Karkand DLC physically and use it later on?if yes, how?

nix253

Jan 14, 2010
hey guys i think i need to re-install windows on my system(why?- system un-responsive even after uninstalling several games n other unnecessary stuff. even did a Kaspersky deep scan ...still nothing....no good) so if there is a way to make a physical back up of my bf3 Back to karkand DLC which i can install later on, please let me know. i just don't want to download 4 GB all over again.

Destiny

Platinum Member
Jul 6, 2010
You have to download it all over again including the BF3 updates... it's linked to your origin account... this is how they "try" to prevent piracy or "selling" used games. I think if you can download it up to 3 to 5 times...

modestninja

Jul 17, 2003
Don't forget to copy your settings files from the ...User\<UserName>\Documents\Battlefield 3\settings\.

Copy the 3 files in there to the same folder on your new machine. I just did this last night and it was really annoying when all my keys were no longer mapped, my sensitivity way off and my kits all f'd up.

GoStumpy

Golden Member
Sep 14, 2011
Don't forget to copy your settings files from the ...User\<UserName>\Documents\Battlefield 3\settings\.

Copy the 3 files in there to the same folder on your new machine. I just did this last night and it was really annoying when all my keys were no longer mapped, my sensitivity way off and my kits all f'd up.

Had that last night playing on the spare PC, just log in, join a map, start fighting, and wonder why I'm sucking! First clue was when I started throwing medkits instead of grenades, LOL!!

nix253

Jan 14, 2010
Had that last night playing on the spare PC, just log in, join a map, start fighting, and wonder why I'm sucking! First clue was when I started throwing medkits instead of grenades, LOL!!
:D

Yeah i copied that too. although it wasn't mentioned by crazycanukk i did it anyways when i saw the files in my documents.

i also copied the "origin" folder and it's content in C: drive