Which is healthier?
Which taste better?
My favorite are Campbell New England Chowder
What happen if I eat too much can food
is there a risk of developing cancer?

Imaginer

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
Can food can be placed in a pot and put on a stove to cook. It is much healtier in preparing a food than microwaveing it or "nukeing" it because of the radiation. As for taste, it depends on how you cook and prepare the canned food. Frozen dinners are good for the preparation "lazy" person and you would get a decent meal.

But nothing beats cooked from scratch kind of meals.

reitz

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
The radiation? Sorry, but unless you're sitting in the microwave with your food, it's not a health concern at all.

Mday

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
i like the campbells cream of chicken (even the light variety). i put in cream corn, and chunks of ham, polish sausage, ... (i have to select the right type of meat because salty soup\chowder sucks). i pan brown the meat first. and slow cook the cream corn. sometimes i put in strips of turkey bacon (julian) crisped in a pan on top.

i also have eaten those "hungry man" dinners. which leaves me hungry on a regular basis.

chefboyrdee rocks.

i have not actually eaten a frozen dinner in a while... strange...

the health of these items vary. the nature of canned foods is that they can last without the use of preservatives. frozen foods last longer because of the lower temperatures. preservatives is suck.

fresh food is good. but who has time to cook (often). and besides, i don't know how to buy stuff. :(

--

can food, frozen\tv dinner = bachelor food.

--

the microwaves destroy more vitamins as the heat from a stove. that's due to cooking which always destroys vitamins... so it is a "health" concern since the stuff listed is not as accurate. the fat and calorie content should be obeyed though.

--

eating to get cancer is a recent phenomenon, and cancer is more based on family history and your life style than anything else. i would not worry that eating such and such would give you cancer, but if you are prone towards a cancer, certain foods (see doctor) MAY (as in maybe which means maybe yes or no) increase the risk of getting cancer.

all these "studies" are full of bull, as well, they are "studies" and are not FACT. and besides, there are LOTS of studies, i mean if you pile the papers up and line them next to each other, they fill LOTS of parking lots. and studies usually contradict each other.

just don't go around eating nuclear waste :p :(:(:( :p

Mday

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
if you worry about your vitamin intake, eat total. :p as in the cereal.

but you should speak to your doctor about the proper mg\% of vitamins for your height, weight, size, sex, race, species, genus, family, order, class, phylum, kingdom... :p

Hyper99

Banned
Jun 14, 2000
Those Tv dinner don't seem to feel me up so good
It made for convenient and the taste just get worst and worst
Frozen Pizza too they make me sick if eating more then once a day
perhap too much calorie, too fatty, too greasy?
Most of the time I'm too lazy to cook
so I guess it OK to keep from hungry
I mean I get tired of eating my own cooking or mom's cooking anyway
it isn't so good after awhile
it all depend how you cook it too
sometime it too good and you just eat and eat and become too fat

thedarkwolf

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
tina's fronzen buritos YUM and 3 for a dollar at the moment at Kroger's. Just stick to the cheese and bean and the beef and bean the others suck.

unxpurg8d

Golden Member
Apr 7, 2000
Hyper99, I take it English is a second language for you, and believe me I'm seriously impressed - I've yet to master ONE language, much less two or more.

I just had to tell you that sometimes misspellings lead to really funny wordings accidently! :) Please don't take it as criticism, I can't imagine some of the terrible mistakes I'd make in another language. Yikes.

Read your first line:
"Those Tv dinner don't seem to feel me up so good"

Maybe it's only really cute from a female point...lol.