Can BIOS be flashed to OC a GTX 260 C214?

balane

Dec 15, 2006
If this has been posted before I apologize. I did several searched to no avail.

Can I overclock my EVGA GTX 260 Core 214 via flashing the BIOS? I just want to do a slight overclock and if I need any extremes I can use software tweaking.

I flashed the BIOS in an older card and it worked great but I can't seem to find any info for the 200 cards so maybe it isn't possible.

System in signature is current. 64 Bit Vista.

Thanks.

error8

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2007
Why do you need to flash it? Use riva tuner to overclock the card and that's it. There is no need to void your warranty and possibly damage the card with a bios flash, when you can use software that gives you the same result, or even better?
Bios flashing on videocards, is always helpful, when you can increase the voltage through it. But other then that, I just don't see its purpose.

toyota

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: balane
If this has been posted before I apologize. I did several searched to no avail.

Can I overclock my EVGA GTX 260 Core 214 via flashing the BIOS? I just want to do a slight overclock and if I need any extremes I can use software tweaking.

I flashed the BIOS in an older card and it worked great but I can't seem to find any info for the 200 cards so maybe it isn't possible.

System in signature is current. 64 Bit Vista.

Thanks.

its Core 216 not 214. just use the EVGA tool and be done with it. you can make it apply at startup so you dont have to fool with it before every game. my card can do 710/2500 but I have it set to 650/2250 in the EVGA tool to make sure the card stays safe.

Hauk

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2001
So no one actually answers his question...

Yes it can be done. But as mentioned, for small oc's it's quite easy to use EVGA's Precision software. If you really want to though: GTX 260 bios flashing thread

Tips.. unless shooting for 700/1450+, no need to increase voltage. Startup fanspeed of 55% is perfect..