Can anyone tell me what's so great about Quake Wars?

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
So why are the critics singing the Quake wars praises?
What's so great about it? I haven't played the open beta but i've seen tons of screens and watched the videos and i can't for the life of me understand why they think it's so great. Is this just a bunch of oldskool ID followers displaying their patriotism? I too am an ID guy but all i see when i look at this game is a blended rehash of UT & BF style games.
I don't think Quakewars is going to touch UT2007 or Team Fortress 2.

mundane

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2002
I loved the gameplay offered by Enemy Territory (with some well designed mods), and I think the fanbase is hoping QW will continue that. I tried the beta; I think there are some issues with balance, weapons and controls.

Jun 23, 2007
idk i played the beta and i dont like it that much the graphics are good and all but im not a fan of the gameplay
i think it will be a huge success tho it will have all the quake fans and the battlefield fans going for it so i dont see why it wouldnt do well

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Doom Machine
a fan of online warfare games wouldnt make this thread, therefore you probably wont like it.

I happen to be a Hardcore BF2 & CS:S Junkie for your information.

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
If its anything like RTCW multiplayer, it has to be good. I didn't like ET quite as much though.

Polish3d

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2005
It needs some adjustments. The weapons aren't satisfying, the vehicles are totally sucky to use, and it doesn't really have that intensity of atmosphere that other games like BF2 have (IMO). How much of this will be fixed later of course is not known

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
It's getting hard to be innovative in that genre of games. I've played QW:ET a bit and it's not bad, but it hasn't hooked me either because there's really nothing new there.