Can anyone tell me what kind of video cable this is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakehellion

Lifer
Jan 15, 2013
I've got an all-in-one machine that appears to have a dead (MXM) GPU. I want to pull out the display and use it with another machine.

Is it something relatively common that I can buy or make an adapter for?

e1iBAeP.jpg

jaedaliu

Platinum Member
Feb 25, 2005
AIOs tend to use laptop parts. I would think finding the service manual for your computer is your best shot at figuring out how to wire your adapter.

Rakehellion

Lifer
Jan 15, 2013
AIOs tend to use laptop parts. I would think finding the service manual for your computer is your best shot at figuring out how to wire your adapter.

I've seen cables like this in laptops, and if I had one on had I'd try to swap them. I just assumed they used the same standards as other video cables.

ghost03

Jul 26, 2004
Ouch good luck man. It could be something of a standard, but I am doubtful that it's industry wide. The connector itself looks to be 30 pin, although not all of the slots in the connector are occupied.

The problem with standards for connectors is that they give up things (like cost, space, weight, etc.) for the sake of compatibility. Inside the device you only need enough compatibility to keep the product versatile in the supply line.

What's the brand and model of the AIO? And how many wires do you count going into the connector? DVI-D (DL) for instance uses I think 23 pins, so that could potentially be a clue. I think your best bet is for the signal that the multi-wire cable is carrying to be a standard.

Rakehellion

Lifer
Jan 15, 2013
There are 30 pins, of which 27 are occupied. There are several sets of paired wires on one side (as shown) and the other side is all different colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.