Can anyone recommend some good crime/drama type movies?

Arkitech

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2000
I'm planning on hooking up my surround sound today and I wanted to find a good flick to test it out on. Anybody know of some good crime flicks, kinda like Resevoir Dogs/Things To Do In Denver When You're Dead/Usual Suspects/Pulp Fiction type of movies.

blade

1957 - 2008<br>Elite Moderator Emeritus<br>Troll H
Oct 9, 1999
LA Confidential is excellent and if u wish to test the sound even better then get &quot;The Last Boy Scout&quot; with Bruce Willis. A good movie with great sound, only bad thing is the way too harsh language.

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
If you want test out the sound, pop in Blade.

The opening Blood Bath seen sounds really nice when cranked up. :)

amish

yata

Jun 2, 2000
If you want badass sound testing, try &quot;The Crow&quot; with Brandon Lee. Great movie with an awesome gun fighting scene.

Or American Pie? hehe.

blade

Oct 9, 1999
<< If you want test out the sound, pop in Blade. >>

Oucchhhh!! gee thanks

I do agree that the movie Blade has one of the best openings ever. But he mentioned crime dramas. Still, listen to that opening and crank it up.

hehe, for sound just listen to paulson whining. :D

Stosh

Platinum Member
Oct 13, 1999
There is always the best gangster movie ever made, The Godfather another one is Goodfellas

Farbio

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2000
how can you forget heat on a good crime drama movie? probably one of the best - how can you go wrong w/ deniro and pacino in one movie?

WombatWoman

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2000
&quot;Double Indemnity&quot; is a black-and-white classic that still looks great today. Those who know Fred MacMurray from his genial stint on &quot;My Three Sons&quot; may be surprised to learn that he was capable of playing a much darker role. The recent &quot;Body Heat&quot; (also good) was inspired by this twisty, erotic film.

blade

Oct 9, 1999
Doh! Your right Farbio, Heat is one of da best ever. And those shootouts, great for testing sound.

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
LA Confidential is an excellent movie, I must agree. But for to enjoy the sound, what about The Matrix?

blade

Oct 9, 1999
What is the Matrix?

For some reason I don't recall the sound being all that great from the Matrix. But I may have been paying more attention to the action though.

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
HEAT!!! I loved that movie. That gun battle at the bank is better than Tombstone O.K. Corral shootout.

DAM

Diamond Member
Jan 10, 2000
10MM

good movie and with nicholas cage (he is so dreamy) :)

dam()

Anybody

Dec 16, 1999
hmmm Crime...drama...that tests your sound....Aha..Ive got it

The Adventures of Ford Fairlane: Rock and Roll Detective!
:D

L.A. Confidential has my real vote... (though being honest I loved Ford)

Testing sound? Days of thunder is a good test.... Star Trek Generations the scene where the saucer section is crashing into the planet is also a recommended test (from tweeter or somewhere I forget) The opening scene from Lost in space actually is great for checking out speakers as well.

my 2 cents. ;>

DAM

Diamond Member
Jan 10, 2000
LOL

WW dam you are good :)

yeah i meant 8MM, you know what they say, its not the size of the...

dam()

blade

Oct 9, 1999
U are a fleamale aren't ya Dam? If not, well then...dam.

hehe, Ford Fairlane. Rock n Roll detective. Remember that scene at the iateapie sorority where they made him a member. :) Mercy me

DAM

Diamond Member
Jan 10, 2000
blade: nope im not a &quot;fleamale&quot; or a &quot;female&quot; for that matter, however, i will admit in a manly sort of way, i think nicholas cage is damn sexy.

dam:)Q)