Can anyone play the new APC album in Winamp? In any CDrom?

schizoid

Banned
May 27, 2000
Originally posted by: aves2k
Originally posted by: schizoid

I don't get it....

Some CD Protection schemes can be defeated using a marker.

Oh.

I see.

This one has is "Copy Controlled" (I think that's the name of the protection).

How do you fix that?

schizoid

Banned
May 27, 2000
Originally posted by: aves2k

I don't get it....

Some CD Protection schemes can be defeated using a marker.

Oh.

I see.

This one has is "Copy Controlled" (I think that's the name of the protection).

How do you fix that?

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20030213063347610

I FIXED IT!

I RULE!

Turns out I didn't fix it.

This sucks.

I hate everything.

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I converted the APC CD to mp3 quite easily..

I put it in my cdrom, a little thing popped up saying I need software installed to listen to this cd (since it is copy controlled), I clicked cancel instead of OK, then ripped the cd with WinDAC as usual. Really silly protection if you ask me. I think it only screws you if you click OK.

rgwalt

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2000
When I burned a copy of the APC album, I had no problems. When I put the disk in, Windows Media Player fires up and plays the album no problem. I did a disk to disk copy using Easy CD Creator without a problem.

I always burn a copy of all of my CDs to keep in the car so the originals don't get scratched, damaged, or stolen. If this violates some license agreement, the RIAA can sue me.

R

LS20

Banned
Jan 22, 2002
thats pretty neat. now its more and more difficult for you to play cds that you actually pay for. i love the music industry

schizoid

Banned
May 27, 2000
Originally posted by: LS20
thats pretty neat. now its more and more difficult for you to play cds that you actually pay for. i love the music industry

Yeah.

I don't even wanna copy it.

I just wanna play it.

:(

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: rgwalt

I always burn a copy of all of my CDs to keep in the car so the originals don't get scratched, damaged, or stolen. If this violates some license agreement, the RIAA can sue me.

R

Ditto....I OBLITERATE my cds by sitting on them, stepping on them, leaving them to melt in the exposed sun. I would have to spend a fortune on replacements if not for my burner:):sun: