Can anyone identify this wall mount?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by sjwaste, Jan 7, 2013.

1. sjwaste

sjwaste Diamond Member

I wasn't sure whether to post in OT or Home Theater, but since this thread is pretty vague to start, I'll start in OT. Mods, please move if inappropriate.

I have this wallmount in my house. The previous owner left it, but the problem is, I don't have the brackets that go on the TV. I also can't identify it to order replacement parts (or the whole new mount to steal the brackets). It has no branding, and other than a 200lb weight limit sticker, no other writing. Does anyone have any idea what mount this is? I'd like to order the TV brackets if it's still in production.

[​IMG]

2. Vdubchaos

Vdubchaos Lifer

Go to Monoprice and get yourself a new mount. They are DIRT cheap (as long as you don't go to a local store of course).

It will probably cost you as much if not more to get parts for existing.

3. sjwaste

sjwaste Diamond Member

Yeah I know that's probably the best answer, but I can do pullups on this thing and it won't come down. Will a $50 mount from Monoprice be sturdy enough to hold an older 42" plasma?

4. richardycc

richardycc Diamond Member

looks like an omnimount heavy duty flat panel tilt mount.

5. skimple

skimple Golden Member

Looks like Jensen MAF70

6. sjwaste

sjwaste Diamond Member

Thanks! It looks like an Omnimount EST-L, according to an ebay listing I found. I think it's discontinued, but I'm now looking online for a used one. If I can get it for a reasonable price, I'll buy it for the brackets.

7. lxskllr

lxskllr Lifer

What do these cost? Maybe you could have brackets fabricated at a machine shop, or just rig something yourself.

8. rsutoratosu

rsutoratosu Platinum Member

i have something like that at home for a 23", i can look it up later if no one got it

9. sjwaste

sjwaste Diamond Member

Looks like the current model U3 will also work.

10. sjwaste

sjwaste Diamond Member

I just bought a U3-F (the fixed version of this mount) from a 3rd party Amazon seller for $42. I just need the brackets, and from what I can tell on the product info, they're the same. I'm sure I could have gotten a cheaper mount, but I already have the wall bracket installed and this way I save some time. Plus, it's a pretty heavy duty mount.

11. Doodoo

Doodoo Golden Member

The $30 mount from monoprice will be sturdy enough. I was hanging off mine to show my wife that it'd hold our 52".