Can anyone guess who said these kind words about Hillary Clinton?

Riprorin

Banned
Apr 25, 2000
"Mr. Rodham did have the joy of seeing his only daughter become America's First Lady. And I know he would not be surprised to see her as she is today, an elected United States Senator, and a woman greatly admired in our country. From the earliest days of her youth in Park Ridge, Illinois, Hillary Rodham impressed her family and friends as a person of great ability and serious purpose. At Maine Township High School South, at Wellesley College, and at Yale Law School, classmates saw her not just an achiever, but as a role model and as a leader. She inspires respect and loyalty from those who know her, and it was a good day in both their lives when they met at the library at Yale Law School Library.

Hillary's commitment to public service continued when she left this house. Listen, New York politics is a serious business -- it's rough business. It takes an extraordinary person to campaign and win the United States Senate. She has proven herself more equal to the challenge. And she takes an interesting spot on American history today, for she is the only sitting senator whose portrait hangs in the White House."

-----------------------

Who do you think spoke these words?

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Not news or really a political discussion as usual. Seems to be a recuring theme with you RIP. Take this to OT. Gee, cuz Bush has to say nice things at ceramonies, you know Hillary had to say nice things about Bush in the past as well.

Thanks for not sharing that this was said at the Portrait Unveling in the East Room. WTF was he going to say exactly RIP? Something mean? You are a dirtbag for posting your usual tripe.

Riprorin

Banned
Apr 25, 2000
Let's compare and contrast George Bush's gracious and kind words about Hillary to Hillary's vitriolic words about Bush:

"There has never been an administration, I don't believe, in our history more intent upon consolidating and abusing power to further their own agenda."

"Whether it's the right to organize and be part of the American labor movement ... whether it's the right to be able to be have a choice when it comes to the most private and intimate decisions that a woman has to make, whether it is to protect the environment - whatever it is that we slowly but surely built up during the 20th century, this current administration and their allies in Congress want to turn the clock back on all of that," said Clinton.

kogase

Diamond Member
Sep 8, 2004
Using Hitler never gets old, right? So consider, Hitler says some nice things about me, so I don't get to say that he is a racist, mediocre, evil sunuvabitch? Ever? But he is.

zendari

Banned
May 27, 2005
Hillary Clinton is probably trying to run for President..to win that you have to jump onto the Bush hating bandwagon.

Slick Willy never resorted to bashing Republicans so thoroughly; I respected him for that.

ntdz

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2004
Originally posted by: zendari
Hillary Clinton is probably trying to run for President..to win that you have to jump onto the Bush hating bandwagon.

Slick Willy never resorted to bashing Republicans so thoroughly; I respected him for that.

Getting on the bush hating bandwagon so far has only cost the democrats the Presidency and lost them seats in the house and senate.

Stunt

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2002
Well if all she does is complement Bush all day, how is she going to appeal to 49% of the voting base (Democrats).
Bush doesn't have to worry about re-election so he can start complimenting. I bet he said nothing good about Kerry during his first term. That would be a better indicator of his "graciousness"

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: ntdz

Getting on the bush hating bandwagon so far has only cost the democrats the Presidency and lost them seats in the house and senate.

Really? Links to back that up? Links that show the shift in the house and senate are due to Bush hating? LMAO. Kerry's inablity to be a real Liberal and his lack of good looks and charisma IMO cost him the presidency. Not Bush hating. But keep running with that story.

Riprorin

Banned
Apr 25, 2000
Originally posted by: Stunt
Well if all she does is complement Bush all day, how is she going to appeal to 49% of the voting base (Democrats).
Bush doesn't have to worry about re-election so he can start complimenting. I bet he said nothing good about Kerry during his first term. That would be a better indicator of his "graciousness"

From one of the debates:

Lehrer: New question, President Bush. Clearly, as we have heard, major policy differences between the two of you. Are there also underlying character issues that you believe, that you believe are serious enough to deny Senator Kerry the job as commander in chief of the United States?

Bush: That's a loaded question. Well, first of all, I admire Senator Kerry's service to our country. I admire the fact that he is a great dad. I appreciate the fact that his daughters have been so kind to my daughters in what has been a pretty hard experience for, I guess, young girls, seeing their dads out there campaigning.

I admirer the fact that he served for 20 years in the Senate. Although I'm not so sure I admire the record.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
I'll say it again, you ignore too much:

Thanks for not sharing that this was said at the Portrait Unveiling in the East Room. WTF was he going to say exactly RIP? Something mean? You are a dirtbag for posting your usual tripe. Do you get all your cues from Rush and Seany Boy?

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Riprorin
Let's compare and contrast George Bush's gracious and kind words about Hillary to Hillary's vitriolic words about Bush:
And oddly enough for politicians, both H and W are both telling the truth for a change :)

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Here is some more Hillary quotes:

We are Americans, We have the right to participate and debate any administration.

Seems reasonible. She has a beef with the man like many of us. I don't remember Hillary sending of thousands to die, seems he does not have much to be mad at her for.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
And another:

One day after laying a wreath at the tomb of Martin Luther King Jr., President Bush appoints a federal judge who has built his career around dismantling Dr. King's legacy.

She is a smart woman! :thumbsup:

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
And another:

The American people are tired of liars and people who pretend to be something they're not.

I am liking this gal more and more! :thumbsup:

dannybin1742

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2002
the pubs are just pissed because they can't coerce the city to become republican even though the pubs built their whole campaign about leadership against the phantom menace, i mean terrorists, and the city hit by terrorists doesn't even trust them after the fact, maybe that says something in itself

zendari

Banned
May 27, 2005
Originally posted by: dannybin1742
the pubs are just pissed because they can't coerce the city to become republican even though the pubs built their whole campaign about leadership against the phantom menace, i mean terrorists, and the city hit by terrorists doesn't even trust them after the fact, maybe that says something in itself

You realize that Bloomberg and Pataki are both Republicans?

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005

"There has never been an administration, I don't believe, in our history more intent upon consolidating and abusing power to further their own agenda."

"Whether it's the right to organize and be part of the American labor movement ... whether it's the right to be able to be have a choice when it comes to the most private and intimate decisions that a woman has to make, whether it is to protect the environment - whatever it is that we slowly but surely built up during the 20th century, this current administration and their allies in Congress want to turn the clock back on all of that," said Clinton.

Edit: I see that Dave Simmons beat me to this point. :)

Compare and contrast? Both Hillary and (for once) George W. are being absolutely truthful in these quotations.

You're not implying that George would lie to the American public, are you?

So please explain what point you're making.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

He didn't need to, they made big enough asses out of themselves without him pointing it out.

zendari

Banned
May 27, 2005
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

He didn't need to, they made big enough asses out of themselves without him pointing it out.

So they aren't making asses of themselves anymore? When do you think that changed? Sometime in 2000 I suppose.

irwincur

Golden Member
Jul 8, 2002
Is it any suprise that the left gets a pass when it comes to attacking the other side. If Bush were to go to a ceremony and rip on Hillary - the press would immediately call for impeachment.

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000

So Clinton speaks her mind while Bush tries to look like a good guy... what exactly is your point here, Rip? Another troll thread if I ever saw one.