Can any T-mobile user help me out? (unlocking phone)

bolido2000

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2001
I need to unlock a Motorola Razr V3 that's locked to T-Mobile. T-mobile can provide with unlocking codes as long as you have beem customer with them for more than 90days and haven't requested an unlock code recently. You give them the phone's IMEI and T-Mo will email you instructions and unlock code.
PM me if you are willing to help me out, so I can give you the phone's IMEI and other info. I will paypal you $10 when you get the email from them (to be sure that you could qualify).

thanks in advance

EDIT: I already tried unlocking the phone using moto_unlocker.exe method (didn't work) and by editing the PSD file (almost bricked the phone), so no need to offer me those services.

Jan 31, 2002
T-mobile can provide with unlocking codes as long as you have beem customer with them for more than 90days and haven't requested an unlock code recently.

So what do you need our help for?

- M4H

bolido2000

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2001
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
T-mobile can provide with unlocking codes as long as you have beem customer with them for more than 90days and haven't requested an unlock code recently.

So what do you need our help for?

- M4H

I'm with Cingular but got a T-Mobile phone. That's why I need someone with an exisiting T-Mo account to request the code.

trance247

Jan 17, 2006
code is per phone and phoe nahs to be tied to your account, i think there's a way to unlock it with usb cable, google it

codeyf

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
i paid $25 each to unlock my 2 cingular razrs. But took about 5 min each to do, no risk of bricking, and they work great now.

revnja

Platinum Member
Feb 1, 2004
Originally posted by: vital
what does bricking mean?

Think about a brick's functionality as a phone.

A brick doesn't make a good phone. :D

bolido2000

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2001
Trust me guys. I already tried the free methods of downgrading bootloader, flashing older MP, and running moto_unlocker.exe. The phone is still locked! I also tried the method of modying the PSD using PDSEDITOR and the "Undo last subsidy seem". Still didn't work!! I believe T-mo can unlock any phone from them that you request. Not necessarily the one shown in your account. IE some people buy prepaid T-mo to use with their main accounts

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
I just sent my phones out when I needed them unlocked...cost like $15, got it back by the end of the week.

promposive

Jun 15, 2004
Originally posted by: adambooth
Originally posted by: vital
what does bricking mean?

Think about a brick's functionality as a phone.

A brick doesn't make a good phone. :D

Its a modification to turn your RAZR into the newest motorola model, the BRCK.

Maximus96

Diamond Member
Nov 9, 2000
have you tried the local cell phone shops? usually chinatown has a dozen or so. they charge about $10 to unlock.

sonoma1993

Diamond Member
May 31, 2004
Originally posted by: bolido2000
I need to unlock a Motorola Razr V3 that's locked to T-Mobile. T-mobile can provide with unlocking codes as long as you have beem customer with them for more than 90days and haven't requested an unlock code recently. You give them the phone's IMEI and T-Mo will email you instructions and unlock code.
PM me if you are willing to help me out, so I can give you the phone's IMEI and other info. I will paypal you $10 when you get the email from them (to be sure that you could qualify).

thanks in advance

EDIT: I already tried unlocking the phone using moto_unlocker.exe method (didn't work) and by editing the PSD file (almost bricked the phone), so no need to offer me those services.

I have you tried just putting in the factory default secuirty codes if they havent been changed?

they are usally 1234 or 12345

DaWhim

Lifer
Feb 3, 2003
better find a t-mo guy that also has the same phone as the one you want to unlock. obviously, t-mo can see what phone you are using. I tried to unlock a phone I didn't use. it didn't fly.

Maximus96

Diamond Member
Nov 9, 2000
Originally posted by: DaWhim
better find a t-mo guy that also has the same phone as the one you want to unlock. obviously, t-mo can see what phone you are using. I tried to unlock a phone I didn't use. it didn't fly.

shouldn't be hard seeing how everybody and their grandma has a razr these days