Can any of you sing WELL?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mpitts

Lifer
Jun 9, 2000
Originally posted by: PlatinumGold
Originally posted by: mpitts
I can sing well.

I have actually taken some vocal training lessons and found that I have quite a range, too.

how much is quite a range??

most of my life i've sung baritone and bass for choirs quartets and such, but recently i've been working on the higher parts of my range, turns out i'm a natural tenor with big resonance.

now i can sing any of the four parts for a quartet.

Right around 3 1/2 octaves usable, according to my vocal instructor.

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Sure. Clamp the hairy twins in a vice and I sound just like Justin Timberlake.

mandala

Dec 24, 2003
I can sing well and have done so since I was a very small child (my first public performance was at age 3). I have had private training on several occasions, as well as participating in choirs for most of my life.

Xionide

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2002
I cant sing for sh!t. But my mom sang backup for chris baron of the spin doctors at a concert. It was really cool cause everyone was trying to buy my backstage pass from me and my brother. We got to hang with a bunch of artists from Queen and stuff. Good times.

-Xionide

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I'm a pretty good singer. If you are not tone deaf, than you can learn to sing reasonably well. If I can sing you a note and you can match that note and hear when you don't match, then you have what it takes and then you just need to practice.

I've been singing for as long as I can remember.

Rob9874

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 1999
I'm a guitar player first, but can also sing. I never sang more than backup in bands I've been in, but have sung solos in church and high school plays. I rock in my car, and think I'm pretty good, but would never sing that loud in front of people. Who knows, maybe I'd have a future in it. Ah, at 29 it's probably too late. :) I guess I could go country....they start their careers at 30.

May 31, 2001
Born with talent, practiced a bit growing up, got into choir in high school, and was ranked as the second (or third, can't remember which) best bass singer in the state when they ranked us for All-State Choir. I had laryngitis at the time, I was told I would have been ranked number one if I hadn't been sick at the time.

amcdonald

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2003
I'm a singer. Its a natural talent, but my mom is a vocal coach, so I had a lot of guidance.
You'll see me on mtv within 2 years.

fooshkee

Aug 10, 2001
suppose i do.... i've sung all throughout highschool... and when i was a little kid too... but dad and sister are amazing singers as well

May 31, 2001
Originally posted by: amcdonald
I'm a singer. Its a natural talent, but my mom is a vocal coach, so I had a lot of guidance.

Singing? On MTV? I call BS. :p

Amorphus

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2003

not if you sing well.

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002

Shenanigans.

amcdonald

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2003
Originally posted by: ShotgunSteve

Believe what you will. My band will be on MTV within the next 2 years. There's no doubt in my mind.

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001

Believe what you will. My band will be on MTV within the next 2 years. There's no doubt in my mind.

You missed the joke.

Now, lets hear some samples.

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

What's the name of the band? I promise to come back here and eat crow if you're right!