Campaign promises Trump will break

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I will start the list...

Mexico paying for the wall he will build (neither)
Prosecute Hillary
Drain the swamp (whatever that means since Republicans were reelected)
End corruption. Trump and companies will personally profit from being in office. They already did that during the campaign.

Reactions: TeeJay1952

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
There will be no wall but perhaps stricter border enforcement.

Muslims will he just fine but we won't be taking in refugees

There will be a token investigation into the Clinton Foundation that goes nowhere

Trade will be interesting to see play out

renz20003

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2011
Ain't gonna be no wall, although if he does build maybe I'll go there to work

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Well if any election cycle's broken promises serve as a precedent you can dismiss everything you heard. Once the power of law and our common law federal system upon which the Constitution is based do their job the boundaries will be set and he'll abide just like his predecessors have. Workers who voted for him thinking that somehow your jobs will be magically secure will see them continue to evaporate at an ever increasingly fast pace as more 3rd world countries develop.

The republican party has never stood for working people and a simple study of our history would shine a very bright light on the ugly truth of republicans, their business practices and the working segment of our population. That truth is the primary motivator for me leaving the republican party for the democrats in conjunction with their trend in legislative control over people at the behest of the radical religious right which has no place in politics or health care.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Speculation is on another Treasury Secretary pick from Goldman Sachs.