Cameron Diaz is so damn NASTY!!!

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hzl eyed grl

Super Moderator<br>Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
Gawd, this is such a huge issue with me. I've had to &quot;watch&quot; my weight my whole life. When I was younger I was thinner. Unfortunately on my 18th birthday we found out that I had a brain tumor. I had to take medicine, have surgeries, and radiation. Needless to say, I gained a lot of weight. Not everyone that is overweight can help it. After the surgeries and radiation I had absolutely NO energy. I mean walking from the couch to the bathroom was a freaking chore. After a couple of years, I had a little more energy, but not much. I got so tired of hearing different family members comment on how they thought I was lazy or whatever. You know what? They weren't in my shoes. They weren't the ones that had their brain worked on. Then, I had knee surgery about a year ago. I want to lose weight more than anything. But, with everything combined it's VERY HARD. Sometimes taking short walks just zaps out all my energy and it's been 6 years.

I know that some of you probably don't mean that EVERYONE can help it. But when it comes to this, I am very passionate. When I see such skinny girls trying so hard to be stick thin and developing all kinds of eating disorders, it hurts me. I wish that everyone could learn to accept and appreciate EVERYONE for what and who they are. I almost lost my life. Sometimes when things are hard, I forget that I have so much to be thankful for. We are all blessed to be alive. Someday I hope to lose all the weight I need to. But, it doesn't matter what ANYONE thinks of me fat or skinny.

Here are a couple of pics of me. The first was taken at age 18. I was in a skit at my senior banquet. The second is approx. a year old. The third is about 2 months old.

Me at age 18
Me about a year ago.
Me a couple of months ago.

EDIT: Fixed the links.

CaseTragedy

Platinum Member
Oct 24, 2000
Jeff,

Don't remember where it came from...just struck me as funny.

lol--might be even funnier if you put a big grin at the end of that sig. :D

kyutip

Golden Member
Jul 24, 2000
hzl_eyed_grl: Don't let those ignorant people get to you. You are fine in any way you look at it. I know it's hard to ignore what people think but those people have never been in your shoes and they don't know any better.

Maybe it is just me but what I notice is that whenever some girl/woman get famous, she would do anything to screw up herself. Either get skinny like a bone or screw up their face/hair or whaterever good things that make us like them in the first place. example:
1. Cameron Diaz (like the thread title said), looks pretty hot in The Mask, now flesh and bone, pale like dead person. (look at her cheekbone, ugh).
2. Portia De Rossi, same like no. 1. (look at her dangling flesh on her arms, ugh).
3. Angelina Jolie, getting freakier everyday.
4. Kate Moss, well, she's a model, required to eat and puke.
and many more.
I admit it, this is men's fault more than women.
If men didn't perceive/look at/demand women to be &quot;perfect&quot;, maybe women these days wouldn't be like this. Then again, men like to look at &quot;perfect&quot; women, no denying that.
Maybe if all women decide to be what they are, I guess men would not have a choice but accept a women the way she is and quit comparing her with another women.

Maybe my post doesn't make sense but what I'm saying is basicly please don't worry about how you look, it is not important, your personality is more important (to me anyway).

ultravox

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
All this weight thing is of no importance.......what's really important is wether the girls have burgandy toe-nail polish on or not....:D

Total Refected Power

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
Generally, our biology is way behind our current Western lifestyle. For thousands of years food was generally scarce and our metabolism evolved as such. It is only recently that we have become so sedentary with an over abundance of cheap fatty food. In the not so distant past &quot;full-figured&quot; women were desirable or even the pinnacle. How many &quot;cut&quot; women do you see in sculptures or paintings? Most have a &quot;belly&quot;. Men on the other hand have always been depicted as muscular and athletic. Today, Marilyn Monroe would be considered fat.

Now the past 30 years things have changed and being painfully thin is in. Pop-culture, advancement of cosmetic surgeries and even the general medical community have powered this change in the &quot;ideal&quot;.

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000
God bless you, hzl! Courage is one of the most beautiful qualities anyone can have, and you've got it to spare!

You know, you do kind of have a Christina Ricci thing going on. YOur beauty shines through, so keep working on getting back to good health and don't worry about anything else.

Also, thank you for sharing this. I have posted pics of me as a kid, to show why these same issues have hurt me: My visual handicap. I spent most of my childhood being tormented by boys and girls about my looks, but the boys were especially mean about my weight and developing body. Here it is again, in case you didn't see it. :)

Cross-Eyed Isla

kyutip I like this thought:

<< Maybe if all women decide to be what they are, I guess men would not have a choice but accept a women the way she is and quit comparing her with another women. >>

Thanks. ;)

Slap

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
I feel as though I started something that I really wished I hadn't. Sorry if I offended anyone or touched a sore subject with anyone. These were not my intentions.

tvman28

Jun 7, 2000
She did look a lot better in the Mask, more meat on her bones.
The skinny look is not for me.
However, I still think she's pretty, albeit an unusual pretty.

hzl eyed grl

Super Moderator<br>Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
Thank you kyutip and Isla. It has definitely been very hard on me. I was thin when I was younger, but gained weight with everything that happened. The only way I can deal with it is to take each day at a time. I appreciate your support. Thank you.

Oh, Isla, for years no one ever said that I looked like anyone famous. Then, a couple of years ago, twice in one day, I was told I looked like Christina Ricci. lol