Camera Nabs Rushed Driver - 69 times.

cheezy321

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2003
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/news/articles/0811photo0811.html

Michael Ferraresi
The Arizona Republic
Aug. 11, 2006 12:00 AM

A woman who was caught 69 times by Scottsdale speed cameras since March told detectives she threw the tickets away because she didn't think anything could happen to her.

Now, she faces jail and $11,000 in fines.

Five of the citations issued to Francesca Cisneros, 32, of Chandler, were criminal speeding violations. She also was caught once by a red-light camera, and she faces two counts of driving on a suspended license.
advertisement

Cisneros told officers she speeds because she often is late for meetings, Scottsdale police Sgt. Mark Clark said.

All but five of her 69 speeding tickets were on Loop 101; her top speed was 86 mph. The unpaid tickets are a Scottsdale record.

A City Court judge released her Thursday on a promise to appear at a later date.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Originally posted by: SampSon
Originally posted by: jpeyton
What a retard.

$30 for a can of this stuff would have saved her $11,000 and/or jailtime.
I'm not sure if you're serious or being facetious.

The stuff works, it's been reviewed by plenty of major news agencies.

Kalvin, I think the spray can is a simpler route than xx bottles of clear nail polish and that itty-bitty brush :)

SampSon

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
What a retard.

Kalvin, I think the spray can is a simpler route than xx numbers of clear nail polish and that itty-bitty brush :)
Yea? Post thoes references.

I'll do it for you (from the products own website). Seems none of these news sources have any real concrete data. No real studies have been done to produce reliable statistics and most information available on the product is user review and heresay.
I can show you a billion articles on how great monster cables are...

Mrvile

Lifer
Oct 16, 2004
Originally posted by: KK
What a retard.

whatever he's being, it looks like that stuff works and isn't illegal, yet.

How could they tell? It's clear, and if your license plate doesn't show up in the pics, then what could they do?

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
What a retard.

Kalvin, I think the spray can is a simpler route than xx numbers of clear nail polish and that itty-bitty brush :)

I'll do it for you (from the products own website). Seems none of these news sources have any real concrete data. No real studies have been done to produce reliable statistics and most information available on the product is user review and heresay.

Yeah but we already KNOW how great Monster Cables are. This stuff is actually in question.

jpeyton

Aug 23, 2003
What a retard.

$30 is a third of the cost for the cheapest moving violation in my state. And that doesn't take into account increased insurance premiums. Even if it works 10% of the time, that would more than cover its cost.

The spray is a no-brainer for me. I break traffic laws all the time, but even my mother (who has zero at-fault accidents and zero moving violations in 25 years of driving) got a camera ticket in our city.

Never again.

SampSon

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
Originally posted by: Nebor
What a retard.

Yeah but we already KNOW how great Monster Cables are. This stuff is actually in question.
:heart:

SampSon

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
$30 is a third of the cost for the cheapest moving violation in my state. And that doesn't take into account increased insurance premiums.

The spray is a no-brainer for me. I break traffic laws all the time, but even my mother (who has zero at-fault accidents and zero moving violations in 25 years of driving) got a camera ticket in our city.

Never again.
[devilsadvocate]
So your mother broke the law then. Her prior driving record doesn't mean a damn thing. If she got a speeding ticket for doing 65 in a 55, would you plead that she is innocent due to her prior driving record?
[/devilsadvocate]

So basically you're saying that you have no problem buying the age old idea of snake oil.
Still waiting for your references.

Kalvin00

Lifer
Jan 11, 2003

So basically you're saying that you have no problem buying the age old idea of snake oil.

have you ever taken a flash photo of something reflective and bright-colored? doesnt show up in a picture, does it?

is it that hard to understand?

jpeyton

Aug 23, 2003
$30 is a third of the cost for the cheapest moving violation in my state. And that doesn't take into account increased insurance premiums.

Never again.
[devilsadvocate]
So your mother broke the law then. Her prior driving record doesn't mean a damn thing. If she got a speeding ticket for doing 65 in a 55, would you plead that she is innocent due to her prior driving record?
[/devilsadvocate]

Why would a law-abiding citizen like you need references? You shouldn't even care about a product like this. Just go about your merry way :)

I'm not going to get into a debate about traffic laws and revenue collection. Like I said, I drive, I pay insurance, I can afford to buy a little "snake oil" with my own suburb getting ready to put up traffic cameras before the end of this year.

If myself (and all the news agencies that reviewed the product) are correct in our assessment, I'll save myself a lot of tickets. If I'm wrong, I'm out the equivalent of 1/3rd an hours salary. Big whoop.

Mrvile

Lifer
Oct 16, 2004
Originally posted by: Kalvin00

have you ever taken a flash photo of something reflective and bright-colored? doesnt show up in a picture, does it?

Do all street cams use flash?

SampSon

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
Why would a law-abiding citizen like you need references? You shouldn't even care about a product like this. Just go about your merry way

I'm not going to get into a debate about traffic laws and revenue collection. Like I said, I drive, I pay insurance, I can afford to buy a little "snake oil" with my own suburb getting ready to put up traffic cameras before the end of this year.

If myself (and all the news agencies that reviewed the product) are correct in our assessment, I'll save myself a lot of tickets. If I'm wrong, I'm out the equivalent of 1/3rd an hours salary. Big whoop.
I abide the law as much as any other motorist. I just don't have to worry about living in an area with naziesque traffic cameras.
If you read my first retort to your post you would understand there is no data beyond user heresay to support the effectiveness of this product, the only person who posted any references in this thread is me, so I'm waiting on you.
There is no debate about traffic laws and revenue collection for the respective municipalities. They ticket people in order to make money, that is common knowledge.
Sure the snake oil may be cheap, but the false sense of security you get from using it could easily cost you 20x more in traffic tickets.

Yea, because plenty of traffic cameras use flashes from a considerable distance, as well as during the day in bright sunlight.
Is thinking before you post hard to understand?

funkymatt

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2005
you guys know there is often a video associated with this photo as well.

maybe you should gather all the facts involved before making stupid posts.

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
It's a miracle how she's still alive for speeding and talking on the cell so many times.