camera for taking video for utube

joan237

Nov 22, 2020
I am looking for a camera for a 12 year old that she can use for putting videos on utube.
She would also need lighting, mic. and anything else. I am not into cameras and have no idea what to buy her. But this is what she would like to try.
Any help appreciated

joan237

Nov 22, 2020
Not too much. I was looking on Amazon at this camera plus ring lights. But I have no idea if this is what is needed.
Campark X5 4K Action Camera 20MP WiFi Anti-Shake EIS Waterproof 40M Sports Camera with External MIC Remote Control 2 Rechargeable Batteries and Mounting Accessories Compatible with Gopro
and these lights
VicTsing Ring Light Tripod with 5 Light Modes & 5 Brightness, 3000K-6500K Dimmable LED Selfie Ring Light with Desktop Tripod/Adjustable Tripod Stand/Selfie Stick for Makeup Camera Shooting YouTube Video, Yellow-White
total about 100.00
what do you think?

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
I saw GoPro website few months ago for Hero 7 Black for about $250 I think
you said to buy a hero 9 right? so 250 for a hero 7 / OK but still over his "not to much" and showed a 100$ camera / lights etc, i have some diff action cameras but never purchased a hero think the most i spent was 100 for a 4k one? I wonder what the best alternative to the hero is for this guy to try.

Reactions: Rottie

joan237

Nov 22, 2020
I am in Canada so there is also the currency exchange. Since I am such a noobee and know nothing about what I am talking
just answer me this because I obviously cannot go too much more expensive.
the camera i am looking at above at Amazon.ca along with the ring lights will come to a 100.00 Canadian which is doable for a beginner as long as iit does what it is suppose to do.
then if she continues with this hobby, I don’t mind buying a better set up for her in a year.
thank you,

Reactions: killster1